Search found 8 matches
- Tue Aug 01, 2023 9:23 am
- Forum: Training Gundogs
- Topic: Drills for memory to blind
- Replies: 1
- Views: 614
Drills for memory to blind
Has Anyone got and drills for memory retrieves for my lab, also for the transition from memory to blind? Thanks
- Sun Jul 30, 2023 12:06 pm
- Forum: Training Gundogs
- Topic: Confusion memory/blind retrieves
- Replies: 13
- Views: 28592
Confusion memory/blind retrieves
I’m struggling with training the memory and blind retrieves.. . At the moment I either sit dog down throw dummy then send him on his name or I heel him away place the dummy then heel back to starting position and say his name then go back. But from this point I’m stuck, I don’t know where to go from...
- Wed Jul 12, 2023 9:34 am
- Forum: Training Gundogs
- Topic: Keeping focus on me when on walk
- Replies: 9
- Views: 3283
Keeping focus on me when on walk
How do I help my dog keep his focus on me rather than him being more interested in everything around him
- Fri Jun 02, 2023 3:29 pm
- Forum: Training Gundogs
- Topic: Tips for delevery/possession issues
- Replies: 9
- Views: 1112
Re: Tips for delevery/possession issues
Thanks for the info. Yes he has toys, will this impact him negatively? No. All mine have had toys / something to chew. How good is his recall? If recall is perfect then there's no reason why he shouldn't come back with something in his mouth. One of my Cockers would fiddle about with the dummy rath...
- Wed May 31, 2023 5:44 pm
- Forum: Training Gundogs
- Topic: The stop whistle
- Replies: 15
- Views: 24531
The stop whistle
How do you fully implement the stop whistle, i kinda get the idea of it my dog will do it (sorta) however he’s very reluctant to it.As In when I do it there’s a large delay - he prefers to sniff the floor. Or he inches towards me.
- Wed May 31, 2023 5:34 pm
- Forum: Training Gundogs
- Topic: Tips for delevery/possession issues
- Replies: 9
- Views: 1112
Re: Tips for delevery/possession issues
Thanks for the info. Yes he has toys, will this impact him negatively?
- Tue May 30, 2023 3:08 pm
- Forum: Training Gundogs
- Topic: Tips for delevery/possession issues
- Replies: 9
- Views: 1112
Tips for delevery/possession issues
To put it simple, 1 yr old lab won’t come back to me without running away, lying down and chewing the dummy,
How do I fix this. 1 tip I have gathered it teach hold so he knows to not chew it. That’s it tho.
Thanks.
How do I fix this. 1 tip I have gathered it teach hold so he knows to not chew it. That’s it tho.
Thanks.
- Fri May 26, 2023 6:41 pm
- Forum: Training Gundogs
- Topic: Lab has heavy possession issues
- Replies: 1
- Views: 520
Lab has heavy possession issues
He either runs around with it or he sits and chews it, a narrow place doesn’t work because he just stops before he gets to me, he’s around 1 and I feel like if he can’t retrieve now he will never be able to. He does do it ok sometimes about 4/10 times he willl do it. Someone please help me.