Search found 27 matches

by Comet
Fri Aug 20, 2021 2:19 am
Forum: Breeding
Topic: Badgercourt lines
Replies: 168
Views: 90027

Re: Badgercourt lines

FYI There are straws of a hall of fame dog FC/AFC Brickclose Matchwood who is a Druid son and the dam is Brickclose gaytime. Who breed with Buccleuch Thistle and produced a National champion dog which also placed in 3 other Nationals. If you want to see pictures just google Brickclose matchwood or T...
by Comet
Sun Aug 15, 2021 11:38 pm
Forum: Breeding
Topic: FTCH GLYNVILLA GRIFFIN
Replies: 2
Views: 5135

FTCH GLYNVILLA GRIFFIN

I would like to know your opinions on why do you think he wasn't used more? I never saw him run and dont know much about him other than he produced FTCH Buccleuch Jazz and I think 5 other FTCH, which any sire must be proud of daughter like that. plus David was training her on his training tapes and ...
by Comet
Fri Jul 24, 2015 1:31 am
Forum: Health & Feeding
Topic: DNA Results
Replies: 10
Views: 3757

Re: DNA Results

Even though I have never seen him run other than in 2015 championship video cause I'm from the US. I think there is something real special about that dog. Glad to hear that he's clear. Good luck w/the puppies!
by Comet
Tue Apr 28, 2015 1:42 am
Forum: Training Gundogs
Topic: Any good videos of a downwind pattern?
Replies: 35
Views: 9876

Re: Any good videos of a downwind pattern?

What a great dog Lee! Nice down wind pattern under the conditions
by Comet
Thu Mar 19, 2015 9:25 pm
Forum: Photos
Topic: My Buccleuch Bitch
Replies: 66
Views: 23319

Re: My Buccleuch Bitch

awesome bitch & love gopro videos! keep posting the videos
by Comet
Thu Feb 19, 2015 2:50 am
Forum: Working Gundogs
Topic: Hunting with Springers, Finland
Replies: 20
Views: 5489

Re: Hunting with Springers, Finland

Great clip! Its great seeing different areas of the world & well trained spaniels having fun!
by Comet
Wed Dec 17, 2014 12:47 am
Forum: Training Gundogs
Topic: Need help, newcomer with a hard headed springer
Replies: 107
Views: 23505

Re: Need help, newcomer with a hard headed springer

Het Bret, Im an American that field trials & seen dogs like this especially Sunrise males & have trained w/Sam's offspring. Males in most cases are harder to train. I have a male dog that's been breaking on the 1st bird @ trials & before that he placed in 4 out 5 trials. But what I will ...
by Comet
Sat Oct 04, 2014 9:55 pm
Forum: General Chat
Topic: American Spaniel Trials
Replies: 21
Views: 6541

Re: American Spaniel Trials

Ya Willie & Naj if I was a millionaire I'd send you guys over here for a couple weeks to see trials, go rough shooting & have a good time. the British guys could then better explain the differences in trials & you guys could experience it for yourself. Naj Ive never seen a rabbit flushed...
by Comet
Sat Oct 04, 2014 3:47 pm
Forum: General Chat
Topic: American Spaniel Trials
Replies: 21
Views: 6541

Re: American Spaniel Trials

As far as the hard flush I don't know where it originated its just one of those things that has always been done. The only thing I can compare it to is why do you handle your dogs on marked retrieves? Americans import a lot of UK spaniels & most of them are great marked retrievers. In a trial ov...
by Comet
Sat Oct 04, 2014 2:58 pm
Forum: General Chat
Topic: American Spaniel Trials
Replies: 21
Views: 6541

Re: American Spaniel Trials

yes we use planted game. I would say that 90% of our trials are on public lands. So there only irrigated by rainfall so if you have dry spring & summer the cover will not be good. So predators are abundant unlike yours where I think all your trials our on privately owned land. When you guys talk...