Search found 720 matches

by Strathcraig
Mon Jan 09, 2023 2:05 pm
Forum: Training Gundogs
Topic: Charlies Chatter - Mk.2
Replies: 6004
Views: 1159204

Re: Charlies Chatter - Mk.2

Judy wrote: ↑Fri Jan 06, 2023 9:29 pm Thanks for the update, I have to admit I had forgotten about Dax it's been so long. How old was he?
I understand that he was about 15. He was retired without his papers, so I couldn't just be 100% certain.
by Strathcraig
Fri Jan 06, 2023 2:25 pm
Forum: Training Gundogs
Topic: Charlies Chatter - Mk.2
Replies: 6004
Views: 1159204

Re: Charlies Chatter - Mk.2

We will all remember "Dax" who so often played a part in these stories. I read here 8 years ago that he needed a retirement home and within a week he was living with my friend. Sadly, after a long and happy retirement in a family home, Dax went over the Rainbow Bridge earlier this week. Th...
by Strathcraig
Mon Mar 12, 2018 10:03 pm
Forum: Health & Feeding
Topic: Green Tripe
Replies: 22
Views: 10331

Re: Green Tripe

What kind of Eukanuba Liam?
by Strathcraig
Mon Jan 22, 2018 8:37 am
Forum: Health & Feeding
Topic: Puppy feeding.
Replies: 4
Views: 2350

Re: Puppy feeding.

I usually drop at 6 months and switch to adult food at same time
by Strathcraig
Sun Dec 31, 2017 2:49 pm
Forum: Training Gundogs
Topic: Training Timeline for Picking Up (First Puppy)
Replies: 10
Views: 3493

Re: Training Timeline for Picking Up (First Puppy)

My main piece of advice would be to make sure your trainer understands what you want from the dog. If you only ever want to pick up with it, then training it like a retriever would be the best option. If you’re going to shoot over him yourself then you will need to train things like stopping to shot...
by Strathcraig
Fri Dec 29, 2017 11:25 am
Forum: Health & Feeding
Topic: Can my springer pup still work/trial if he has IOHC?
Replies: 11
Views: 5197

Re: Can my springer pup still work/trial if he has IOHC?

Feebarn on here has a Labrador with IOHC and he picks up regularly
by Strathcraig
Fri Oct 20, 2017 8:11 am
Forum: Photos
Topic: Redelm Captain
Replies: 7
Views: 3280

Re: Redelm Captain

I can’t believe I’m writing this... Today my beautiful boy and best friend, Kai (Redelm Captain) crossed over Rainbow Bridge. From the moment I picked him up in Lois’ kitchen he captured my heart and has done so every day since. My first trialling dog, he was too much dog for me, but he had the hear...
by Strathcraig
Fri Sep 22, 2017 10:00 pm
Forum: Health & Feeding
Topic: FTCh Helmsway Hellraiser
Replies: 35
Views: 31263

Re: FTCh Helmsway Hellraiser

That's unfortunate
by Strathcraig
Thu Sep 21, 2017 10:02 am
Forum: Health & Feeding
Topic: FTCh Helmsway Hellraiser
Replies: 35
Views: 31263

Re: FTCh Helmsway Hellraiser

EssGrouse wrote: ↑Thu Sep 21, 2017 9:00 am Now residing in Denmark......
Permanently?? :o
by Strathcraig
Sat Sep 02, 2017 4:21 pm
Forum: Health & Feeding
Topic: Confirmed PRA
Replies: 9
Views: 3421

Re: Confirmed PRA

Sorry to hear this.

No reason she can't continue to be many of the things she has always been for some years to come.