Search found 12934 matches

by Judy
Mon Sep 14, 2026 11:11 am
Forum: General Chat
Topic: Computer issues
Replies: 4
Views: 212

Re: Computer issues

You just did? Post that is. Did you mean reply? It's no good asking me, I am a big Luddite when it comes to techy poop.

Unlike dog poop.
by Judy
Sat Sep 12, 2026 9:00 pm
Forum: General Chat
Topic: Well
Replies: 45
Views: 11791

Re: Well

Just be aware that you may need to delete some films although I still have one, I think, that shows my pup sitting in front of me with me about to teach "back" by throwing a dummy over her head except that the string caught my finger and the dummy landed about a foot to my side, swiftly fo...
by Judy
Sat Sep 12, 2026 10:22 am
Forum: Training Gundogs
Topic: Puppy barking at 9 weeks - normal?
Replies: 3
Views: 306

Re: Puppy barking at 9 weeks - normal?

One of my Cockers barks at any excuse although not when playing, the other is mouse-like. The noisy one is quiet on shoots and the other sings for England. Having said that I would do as Nutter suggested, noisy, excited pups are usually just over tired.
by Judy
Sat Sep 12, 2026 10:18 am
Forum: General Chat
Topic: Well
Replies: 45
Views: 11791

Re: Well

Ideally I’d be sneaking in balls into cover so she has something to hunt for. If she’s not keen on tennis balls then I’d try rabbit skin balls or a bunch of wings tied together. An interesting point from the Kugae video is the oft argued over :whistle: :lol: marking versus switching attention to th...
by Judy
Sat Sep 12, 2026 10:00 am
Forum: Wanted
Topic: The Working Cocker by Peter Jones
Replies: 37
Views: 27809

Re: The Working Cocker by Peter Jones

newf wrote: ↑Fri Sep 11, 2026 11:37 am My advice, be suspect of the above.
I agree, odd post for a new member. Besides, Peter Jones's book isn't a patch on Hedley Millington's, in my opinion but each to his own.
by Judy
Thu Sep 03, 2026 7:07 am
Forum: Training Gundogs
Topic: How am I doing?
Replies: 30
Views: 60788

Re: How am I doing?

I used to do a lot of retrieving but it can sometimes be counterproductive, depending on the dog and how much variety you are able to think of. I found out doing similar retrieves on the same areas lead to all sorts of "variations". Retrieve training less often and with more variety is bet...
by Judy
Thu Aug 27, 2026 6:46 pm
Forum: Breeding
Topic: Tail docking - North Oxfordshire
Replies: 1
Views: 5352

Re: Tail docking - North Oxfordshire

A quick google gives you some options
by Judy
Mon Aug 24, 2026 9:34 pm
Forum: Training Gundogs
Topic: Another question on blinds
Replies: 18
Views: 19334

Re: Another question on blinds

If you watch some of these training videos very carefully (when you have had more experience) you might see the stop whistle then an edit "flicker" before you see the dog sit. Also those long straight blinds could also be memories but you don't see that bit. :lol: I have been to one or two...
by Judy
Mon Aug 24, 2026 9:06 pm
Forum: Training Gundogs
Topic: How Do You Keep Gundogs Focused During Training?
Replies: 5
Views: 3767

Re: How Do You Keep Gundogs Focused During Training?

Ya bunch of suspicious rotters you! I think it was Phil Drabble who wrote something along the lines of he always knew who was a good dog owner because they could be deep in conversation with him and yet know exactly where their dogs was and what it was doing so could break off mid-sentence and engag...
by Judy
Mon Aug 24, 2026 9:03 pm
Forum: General Chat
Topic: "Everyone knows" that...
Replies: 5
Views: 6228

Re: "Everyone knows" that...

Get a whistle cos dogs come back to a whistle. I was walking with my pup off lead and someone had her Cocker pup still on lead, apparently they were going to let him off when her Husband had bought a whistle.