Neutering

Any other gundog related questions, problems, etc.
Jelinga
Dogs: Drift and Rourke

Re: Neutering

Post by Jelinga » Tue Jul 03, 2018 9:00 am

My male dog is very sensitive to my feelings/moods, I have to be a much better person because of it :-D

Dartmoordog
Dogs: Monty (Sprocker) Steeno (ESS)

Post by Dartmoordog » Thu Jul 05, 2018 8:32 am

Jelinga wrote:
Fri Jun 22, 2018 2:18 pm
Just like men :-D
I have been done, but I can still be found following the odd bitch around, :twisted: :-D
Be careful what you say about my wife or kids, be VERY careful what you say about my gundogs.

Judy
Co-Admin

Post by Judy » Thu Jul 05, 2018 9:19 am

Long as its only odd ones you'll be ok.
In life, it is important to know when to stop arguing with people and simply let them be wrong.

Aimeetess
Dogs: Cocker

Post by Aimeetess » Thu Jul 05, 2018 3:34 pm

Interesting read on this post. Those who did neuter, did you notice any behavior change while working?

We had our lab spayed keyhole at 2 as she ALWAYS had a season during the pheasant season.. pain! She was kept indoors and we had cream carpets, the kitchen was absolutely tiny (only place with hard flooring) so she had to wear 'dog pants' while she was home, also didn't help the in laws wouldn't let us get a kennel put up as it was 'cruel' :brickwall:

Since she was spayed she became much more focused on work, she use to love other dogs but now not so much.. she'll have a sniff but if one growls she'll put it in its place, before she would of cowered and walked away. She hasn't gained a pound and coat very shiny but she is definitely more obsessed with food and stolen more than before she was spayed, thats only the real difference in her.

My cockers 13 months and entire, the vets constantly ask if I want him neutered but I don't ever want to get him done as hes never shown any interest in females and don't want it to change him in anyway. Some dogs are really humpy but hes only ever tried to get on the lab once and got a nice telling off.

Nickheref

Post by Nickheref » Thu Jul 05, 2018 4:08 pm

Dartmoordog wrote:
Thu Jul 05, 2018 8:32 am
Jelinga wrote:
Fri Jun 22, 2018 2:18 pm
Just like men :-D
I have been done, but I can still be found following the odd bitch around, :twisted: :-D
A friend of mine was "done" and long before I was married we were both struggling over a difficult barbed wire fence and I told him not to worry because I wasn't using mine and his didn't work anymore!! We both fell about laughing.