Undocked tail problems

Any health / feeding questions - remember this is no substitute for the Vet!
Forum rules
There is no substitute to visiting your Vet - he has the knowledge and experience and can see/feel/smell your dog and advise accordingly. Please apply your own judgement and common sense to any advice given. What works for one dog might not work for another. If you are in any doubt please visit your Vet! General Forum Rules
OTTO

Undocked tail problems

Post by OTTO » Sun May 06, 2018 5:16 am

undocked tail problems..... otto's tail is always getting caught ... he has been licking it so much this week about 2 inches of fur has come off,ive tried to bandage it up and the bandage keeps coming off,and now my other dog has decided to lick it, ive put a buster collar on him but he can still get to the very end, the any advice, any tail guards????...i am also cleaning it with hibiscrub.....

Judy
Co-Admin

Re: Undocked tail problems

Post by Judy » Sun May 06, 2018 8:22 am

Welcome to the forum.
Have a look at this thread; viewtopic.php?f=31&t=437 unfortunately the pics have gone due to issues with the hosting service but the text is pretty comprehensive.

Also these are good but expensive if the dog wags one off when working! http://www.bonovate.com/dogends
In life, it is important to know when to stop arguing with people and simply let them be wrong.

OTTO

Post by OTTO » Sun May 06, 2018 9:29 am

THANKYOU THANKYOU,

madrags
Dogs: Rowf, Link, and Que

Post by madrags » Tue May 08, 2018 11:18 pm

I managed to save the photos, but not sure how to get any back onto here. If somebody more techy than me would care to do it, PM me your email and I will send you the photos.
Inside every springer, no matter how well trained, is an idiot trying to get out

Pink isn't just a colour, it's an attitude

OTTO

Post by OTTO » Wed May 09, 2018 5:07 am

my god madrags...i was just about to send you a pm and realised your dogs name, we have a wonderful mutual friend, i own Gunner brother to Lizzie !!!!!! who i know you have "strong bonds " with!!!! ...Gunner is docked but his son is not, can i send you my email adrress or message you on fb,??