Petlog and the Kennel Club

Questions and discussions on breeding your dogs
vicky payne

Petlog and the Kennel Club

Post by vicky payne » Wed Aug 17, 2016 9:59 am

Just a heads up to breeders...

The current system is VERY complicated (as I found out when trying to sort the paperwork for my current litter!).
The KC are offering a free first transfer of keepership on Petlog (from breeder to owner) for KC registered dogs. But, it isn't happening automatically...or easily, and they aren't really telling you how to do it! So, here goes...

The buyer must first register the ownership of the puppy ONLINE
Then the must PHONE Petlog to transfer keepership.

(It has been suggested that if you input the microchip number on your MYKC account before sale, this transfer is automatic, but I have not had this confirmed by the KC). Bottom line, don't do the Petlog transfer online or it will cost you an unnecessary £16.

PERCE

Re: Petlog and the Kennel Club

Post by PERCE » Wed Jan 11, 2017 8:31 pm

Am I the only one finding the Petlog system useless? I've just created an online account, it's telling me I only own one of the 3 pups that I chipped last year, it also won't let me link any of my older dogs either.

David

Post by David » Wed Jan 11, 2017 9:55 pm

PERCE wrote:Am I the only one finding the Petlog system useless? I've just created an online account, it's telling me I only own one of the 3 pups that I chipped last year, it also won't let me link any of my older dogs either.
They probably want you to pay to do any updates.

My Vet uses identichip / Anibase so have avoided Petlog. I found it confusing trying to workout the payments after first litter registration. I paid nothing to identichip

munstyman

Post by munstyman » Thu Jan 12, 2017 11:25 am

Just had this issue. like David all my others were with identichip, and never had an issue changing address. Yet another scam from the KC....although a letter will accompany my puppy Name change in stead of cheque ;)