Pics

Questions and discussions on breeding your dogs
alpha

Pics

Post by alpha » Fri May 12, 2017 6:28 pm

Does anyone have any pics of a liver and white 8 week old cocker puppy please

We have had an accidental litter with one pup so keeping her as we didn't have the heart to have her PTS.

We actually didn't know the bitch was in pup as she didn't show any signs at all until we discovered Willow the morning she was born, we were out pigeon shooting with her the night before!

We can't be 100% of anything parentage etc or any likely future health issues so she will be spayed and stay here as a one of my team

It likely that she is a very close mating but we had a springer here as well before....however dates don't fit for when we had the ESS staying here he had left on Dec 1st and she would of been mated on or around Jan 19th as she arrived on March 23rd.

Vet thinks slip mating before she came into season we thought we had been incredibly careful as we have a planned (or had) mating for later this year which will now have to wait until next year

Im just confused that if it was a mating between my 2 then a liver roan sire with a black and white (ticked not enough colour to say light blue roan) has produced a very springerie looking puppy....and she hasn't been anywhere near any other dogs as we finished our picking up season at Xmas so she hasn't been anywhere other than with us constantly so I know that no other dogs could of got at her

Miesque
Dogs: Dan (ESS), Archie (Lurcher), Zou (ESS)

Re: Pics

Post by Miesque » Fri May 12, 2017 9:27 pm

DNA parentage test the pup and your possible sire and you'll know for sure - AHT in Newmarket offer the service

Judy

Post by Judy » Sat May 13, 2017 8:41 am

Got to be worth the money, especially if she turns out to be a stonker. Or would it be too close to be registered?
If in the process of winning, you have lost the respect of your competitors, you have won nothing. Paul Elvström.

alpha

Post by alpha » Sat May 13, 2017 8:51 am

Judy wrote:
Sat May 13, 2017 8:41 am
Got to be worth the money, especially if she turns out to be a stonker. Or would it be too close to be registered?

Yes unfortunately ;(

Judy

Post by Judy » Sun May 14, 2017 9:18 am

Bah!
There's a pic of a liver and white in Gundogs for Sale on Farcebook.
If in the process of winning, you have lost the respect of your competitors, you have won nothing. Paul Elvström.

alpha

Post by alpha » Sun May 14, 2017 9:54 pm

I dont do that anymore have 12 stepped away from the nonsense LOL