Meindl Nebraska GTX Walking Boots

Review and rate clothing, training equipment, books, DVD's etc
Cambusvale

Meindl Nebraska GTX Walking Boots

Post by Cambusvale » Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:19 pm

I have heavy use in the footwear dept with training and working the dogs so use a variety depending on weather and terrain. I have used Merrell Moab Gore-Tex for the years since they were introduced, and they were light but waterproof with care along with hardwearing. They were very comfortable for walking no matter the terrain. I have a pair currently still in good fettle but was looking for another pair. I could not get ones in my size or price saving as I did purchase for £85 online. So I started looking for a boot as a second pair along with my Meindl Gore-Tex I wear on the hill and when it gets really wet.

I did purchase three years back a special ops boot for my work boot and it had gore-tex lining and finally wore out in the last month. It was a Meindl tactical and was light but the leather upper was a bit prone to scuff marks. So I looked for a boot to do same job as my Merrell and same price range.

I found the Meindl Nebraska and got it at sale for £117 which was similar in price to my Meindl Tactical all those years back. So I have been wearing them when weather allowed and found the new walking boot very comfortable and supportive with a good grip sole. More of a leather/suede effect look and so far would not hesitate in recommending them as a good sturdy walking boot and waterproof to a degree or within reason and I have yet to get my feet wet. Long term I will come back and let you know how they are to live with. Out the box they are ready to wear and size wise seem to fit my size of 9.5 which is a big plus in footwear.
Ally Learmonth

Riffmuir Kennels

Dartmoordog
Dogs: Monty (Sprocker) Steeno (ESS)

Re: Meindl Nebraska GTX Walking Boots

Post by Dartmoordog » Sun Jan 14, 2018 11:18 am

I was lucky enough to have a 30 year career on the rivers of Dartmoor, doing a lot of mileage over very rough terrain. Now I hike and work dogs, plus stalking.

I would buy nothing but Meindl boots, pay the extra, get quality.
Be careful what you say about my wife or kids, be VERY careful what you say about my gundogs.