Ladies.....

Review and rate clothing, training equipment, books, DVD's etc
Rascal
Co-Admin

Ladies.....

Post by Rascal » Sun Nov 03, 2013 10:39 am

Anyone tried the Seeland Endmoor ladies trousers...? My troosers have seen better days and these look tougher than some.

I like the jacket too but not the white fur collar trim around the hood... :roll: At least the hood is optional....

The other one's I'm looking at are the Laksen lady boar trousers...

Any of you ladies tried either and are they any good?

Rascal
General Dogsbody

Judy
Co-Admin

Re: Ladies.....

Post by Judy » Thu Nov 07, 2013 7:39 pm

Nobody? I was hoping for some input from someone as both my pairs are dying of old age!
If in the process of winning, you have lost the respect of your competitors, you have won nothing. Paul Elvström.

LucyLab
Dogs: Murphy, Ripley

Post by LucyLab » Thu Nov 07, 2013 10:14 pm

I have the Glensbury, have had them since May and worn them most days. So far they're keeping very well, especially since re proofing last week. I've snared myself on a couple barbed wire fences and they haven't ripped at all, just small punctures that I now can't find. They don't help much with thorns though and you feel every little needle that you brush past. I have just invested (a mere £42) in a pair of men's rough-shooting trousers...XS was a perfect fit and very tough indeed. I shall refrain from naming the brand just yet though as the pair I bought leaked terribly on their first outing. The manufacturer is replacing them and I will report back when I know if it was just a one-off. Men do seem to have a much better choice of tough trousers...

Lucy

Ada C

Post by Ada C » Fri Apr 10, 2015 2:11 pm

I was looking back through the posts for trouser recommendations.

I bought some Seeland Endmoor trousers a couple of years ago and they were without doubt the most expensive mistake I've ever made! They got soaked by lunch time and my legs have never been so cold. Seeland took the first pair back and replaced them, but exactly the same thing happened with the second pair.

When I first contacted Seeland, I was told that this was one of their best-selling products and they didn't get returns! Eventually, after Pair No. 2 failed, I spoke to someone else, who told me I shouldn't be wearning them with gaitors, because that left too little exposed surface area for the material to operate properly.

I queried this, because where I work my dogs, in rough ground with some dense vegetation and lots of rushes in place, the only safe footwear for beating is really good quality walking boots and gaitors. The other option would be wellies and then surely the same problem would occur?

:brickwall: Looking for ladies' trousers that actually fit and are fit for purpose is a nightmare!

Alice
Dogs: Spaniels

Post by Alice » Fri Apr 10, 2015 2:54 pm

Ada- Deerhunter do/did a range called Shellbrook, within which they did a pair of ladies 'Retriever' trousers. If you can get hold of them they are brilliant, hardest wearing and best fitting I've had. They're like rocking horse shit to get hold of but I love mine and would dearly like some more.
cheers,
Alice.

A spaniel is a vehicle for a nose

Ada C

Post by Ada C » Fri Apr 10, 2015 3:00 pm

Thank you, Alice! I'll see if I can find a pair :)

:whistle: Now that summer is approaching, my biggest trouser-worry is all those walkers with lovely clean beige and pale khaki trousers who appear just as my spaniel is emerging from a ditch!

LucyLab
Dogs: Murphy, Ripley

Post by LucyLab » Sat Apr 11, 2015 10:51 pm

I've been researching a 'new' brand of outdoor clothing, which seems to have a nicely expanding Ladies range...and also happen to have a couple on sale at the mo! Nice fitting, VERY hard wearing, and several of them are available unhemmed, so you can get the perfect length :)
Link to the sale (limited range of ladies options here): http://www.thesportinglodge.co.uk/shop- ... &filter=19
Link to the brand's website if you want to see the full range: http://www.fjallraven.com/clothes/trousers
I'm saving up my pennies...

Ada C

Post by Ada C » Sat Apr 18, 2015 6:03 pm

:lol: How many days' beating would it take to buy a pair of those?! I love the logo though: reminds me of my little rescue dog!

Many thanks for the link anyway. It looks like lovely stuff :)

t jack

Post by t jack » Sat Apr 18, 2015 8:17 pm

Wow didn't think there was so many "ladies" on here :lol: :twisted:

Judy
Co-Admin

Post by Judy » Sat Apr 18, 2015 9:21 pm

Would ya recognise one anyway? :lol:
If in the process of winning, you have lost the respect of your competitors, you have won nothing. Paul Elvström.