Seeland Keeper Trousers or Harkila?

Review and rate clothing, training equipment, books, DVD's etc
Alice
Dogs: Spaniels

Seeland Keeper Trousers or Harkila?

Post by Alice » Thu Apr 28, 2016 5:43 pm

Has anyone got an opinion on these?

Am I better shelling out and getting Harkila- if so, which?

(Also, bear in mind that they need to be available in size fat...)
cheers,
Alice.

A spaniel is a vehicle for a nose

Mike A
Dogs: Ned , Wilf and Milo

Re: Seeland Keeper Trousers or Harkila?

Post by Mike A » Thu Apr 28, 2016 6:27 pm

I bought Seeland ones from John Norris a few months ago while they were half price , I find them very comfortable . They were bought at the end of the season so haven't really been properly tested .
Just remember both Seeland and Harilka are made by the same people !
Mike

Alice
Dogs: Spaniels

Post by Alice » Thu Apr 28, 2016 6:34 pm

Mike A wrote:I bought Seeland ones from John Norris a few months ago while they were half price , I find them very comfortable . They were bought at the end of the season so haven't really been properly tested .
Mike
Are they? That's interesting...Which Seeland ones have you got Mike, the Keeper?
cheers,
Alice.

A spaniel is a vehicle for a nose

Judy
Co-Admin

Post by Judy » Thu Apr 28, 2016 6:51 pm

I have an old pair of Seeland trousers, comfy, well fitted, trousers, need washing regularly with Tec-wash to keep the water out but they are still fine even in a downpour. Can't remember the model name but they don't make that one any more. I would say if push came to shove the Goretex would be more waterproof in a big downpour but only because I know goretex withstands most things whereas I feel a little damp sometimes if my Seeland haven't been washed for a while. For all "normal" weather the S'land are fine.
In life, it is important to know when to stop arguing with people and simply let them be wrong.

Rascal
Co-Admin

Post by Rascal » Thu Apr 28, 2016 7:06 pm

I have the ladies Endmoor suit (I've taken the fur off the hood :roll: ) and I love it especially the fit of the trousers but the trews are too warm for the mild winters we've had of late...Before that I had the Thornhill suit and again that was fine until the Jacket finally started to leak on the seams... The trews from that are still going strong but now residing with a mate...

I've got a pair of the Jack Pyke Hunter trousers in plain green which I use most of the time TBH for both working and training my mutts....I can be very smart underneath or shove em on over a pair of jeans ( don't listen Dawn Razor :whistle: )They do what they say, waterproof, breathable ok in cover too...Although care is needed when going over barbed wire fences..But that goes for any trouser..

And I can get em cheap from one of our syndicate members who buys in bulk for his employees...Result... :-D

Rascal
General Dogsbody

trekmoor
Dogs: Too many and not enough !

Post by trekmoor » Thu Apr 28, 2016 7:46 pm

Mmmmm ? I'm in the market for new trousers. I don't like wearing one pair of trousers over another pair or over track suit bottoms so are there comfortable, waterproof and reasonably priced trousers out there that can be worn on their own ? Most of the time I wear thick and fairly waterproof tweed plus two's.

Wullie
If at first you don't succeed .....find out if there is a booby prize !
-----------------------------------------------------
Don't do what doesn't work - do what does.

Mike A
Dogs: Ned , Wilf and Milo

Post by Mike A » Fri Apr 29, 2016 6:41 pm

Alice wrote:
Mike A wrote:I bought Seeland ones from John Norris a few months ago while they were half price , I find them very comfortable . They were bought at the end of the season so haven't really been properly tested .
Mike
Are they? That's interesting...Which Seeland ones have you got Mike, the Keeper?
Not sure to be honest , but I think they're the endmoor . I also have a couple of pairs of percussion beaters trousers which I've worn in all weathers and have been pretty good for the price and probably less likely to rip than the Seeland depending on what your doing

SpanielMad

Post by SpanielMad » Sat Apr 30, 2016 7:39 am

I've got a pair of Harlika and Seeland trousers, much of a muchness, although I would say the Harkila ones are better. I did hear Harkila have moved there manufacturing from Scandinavia to China fairly recently, take from that what you will. In my opinion you won't go far wrong with Fortis Clothing

Dawnrazor

Post by Dawnrazor » Sat Apr 30, 2016 8:21 am

SpanielMad wrote:In my opinion you won't go far wrong with Fortis Clothing
:o :o good God almighty don't touch that crap with a barge pole :naughty: sweat suites that leak and fall to bits, whether it dry or raining you'll be wet inside :evil: :evil: when you complain you get olivers lies and bull shit, avoid at all costs :pray:

trekmoor
Dogs: Too many and not enough !

Post by trekmoor » Sat Apr 30, 2016 9:13 am

So you don't like their stuff then ? :lol:

Wullie
If at first you don't succeed .....find out if there is a booby prize !
-----------------------------------------------------
Don't do what doesn't work - do what does.