The atmosphere

News and Information about this site - Click here to donate
arwesa
Dogs: Gemma, Tilly, Alfie, Bessie, Dawn, Dylan

Re: The atmosphere

Post by arwesa » Fri Jul 01, 2011 8:57 pm

wullie, of all the people on here, its no suprise to me that you dont recognise your involvement in this sort of thing.....because you generally post even handedly and with genuine intent to be helpful or engage in understanding. I think its aimed more at those individuals who perhaps snipe, make directed comments or ciritisisms of someone with a view they dont agree with or even make assumptions and critisize straight off someone who is asking a question because they need some help.

Iain... well put. :clap:
http://www.facebook.com/arwesa

As a handler, its impossible to make your dog perform better than it is, but very easy to make it perform far worse.

Sgurr
Dogs: Peggy Sue

Post by Sgurr » Fri Jul 01, 2011 9:48 pm

Yes I did a cynical post the other day. And I have apologised on the thread to Admin/Mods because they wanted a better atmosphere. My post was not deleted but a reply was. Yes, however, I do think there should be a robustness that the forum can cope with.
I don't bash Field Trialling - and I am not happy with a 'don't talk about health testing' which I feel we are getting we are getting near too.

Truth is the Daughter of Time so my views on Rytex will just have to stand that test.

Sgurr

Bamburi

Post by Bamburi » Sat Jul 02, 2011 6:45 am

arwesa wrote:wullie, of all the people on here, its no suprise to me that you dont recognise your involvement in this sort of thing.....because you generally post even handedly and with genuine intent to be helpful or engage in understanding. I think its aimed more at those individuals who perhaps snipe, make directed comments or ciritisisms of someone with a view they dont agree with or even make assumptions and critisize straight off someone who is asking a question because they need some help.

Iain... well put. :clap:

whos Iain and wullie .............. :lol:

I know they signed their posts I am just kidding but do you see my point ? :?

mustogirl
Dogs: Too many & not enough! :)
Location: In the Beer Garden....somewhere between Oxfordshire, Northants and Warwickshire.

Post by mustogirl » Sat Jul 02, 2011 7:06 am

Sgurr wrote:Yes I did a cynical post the other day. And I have apologised on the thread to Admin/Mods because they wanted a better atmosphere. My post was not deleted but a reply was. Yes, however, I do think there should be a robustness that the forum can cope with.
I don't bash Field Trialling - and I am not happy with a 'don't talk about health testing' which I feel we are getting we are getting near too.

Truth is the Daughter of Time so my views on Rytex will just have to stand that test.

Sgurr
i dont disagree with health testing but i dont agree with it either in a way, its just that theres such a mix of old skool and new skool breeders/owners here, that you're bound to get mixed views on something as contentious as Health testing. :geek: Its when you can accept both views, that you get a level argument.
Too many Springers, and Roxie the black cocker.

"You dont own Cockers, you wear them!"
- Another cocker owner.

"There is no Elevator to success. You have to take the Stairs"
- Unknown

arwesa
Dogs: Gemma, Tilly, Alfie, Bessie, Dawn, Dylan

Post by arwesa » Sat Jul 02, 2011 9:55 am

mustogirl wrote:: Its when you can accept both views, that you get a level argument.
Id prefer a reasoned debate as opposed to a heated argument... ;)

Sometimes I think we forget if you want your views to be respected you have to respect the views of others...its too easy to dismiss something, get personal and ignore the subject.
http://www.facebook.com/arwesa

As a handler, its impossible to make your dog perform better than it is, but very easy to make it perform far worse.

sardonyx

Post by sardonyx » Sat Jul 02, 2011 10:38 am

arwesa wrote:
mustogirl wrote:: Its when you can accept both views, that you get a level argument.

Sometimes I think we forget if you want your views to be respected you have to respect the views of others...its too easy to dismiss something, get personal and ignore the subject.
:clap:
Now I do agree with this statement esp when the post is from someone new and not known to people. on a personal note I joined this forum while I was recovering from a major opp. :pray: ...only to be slaged off in fun maybe,? but not everybody has the same sence of humor. On the name thing maybe posters should sign posts with their first names once established.
George..

Tarimoor
Dogs: Indie, Tau, Rhuna and Zasa

Post by Tarimoor » Sat Jul 02, 2011 4:34 pm

sardonyx wrote:
arwesa wrote:

:clap:
Now I do agree with this statement esp when the post is from someone new and not known to people. on a personal note I joined this forum while I was recovering from a major opp. :pray: ...only to be slaged off in fun maybe,? but not everybody has the same sence of humor. On the name thing maybe posters should sign posts with their first names once established.
George..
I'm sorry you feel that way, because this is one of the friendliest forums I come on, although at the moment, I lurk more than post as I'm pretty busy (should be off working right now but I'm having a lazy day). I've been a member on a few forums for various reasons, mainly advertising my work, but also because I do enjoy talking to like minded people, and this is by far one of the quietest and calmest forums I go on. I stopped going on a few because people were downright rude, and where as I didn't give a rats posterior about it, I just felt the general membership wasn't anything I wanted to be associated with. The next person they were so rude to might not have quite such a thick skin as me.

It is very difficult with forums to be able to read accurately how a post is meant, and I find, because I'm a bit old fashioned in the way I type and *say* things, I can come across as a bit snooty to some people, and I'm really not. So I always try and read back and make sure what I post will come across right, and if it doesn't, then I apologise and try to explain myself a bit better, manners cost nothing, and quite often people can make themselves look incredibly rude with their lack of online ettiquette, not on here I hasten to add, but some of the *heated* debates I've seen elsewhere.

sardonyx

Post by sardonyx » Sat Jul 02, 2011 5:43 pm

I Must admit that is why I've hung around, I have found that I can relate to most of what is said and as far as being old fashioned well there is a lot of us about pensioners are on the increase you know. most of what has been posted by I asume the older gen is very readable.
George

sardonyx

Post by sardonyx » Sat Jul 02, 2011 5:50 pm

I should have added thatI'm not having a go at the young ones on here, realy all I'm saying is give the new boys and girls a chance and get to know them via their posts before you start ripping them appart.

Flynn'sMum
Dogs: Flynn

Post by Flynn'sMum » Sat Jul 02, 2011 9:33 pm

For me, I treat this site as I would do dog training - some days, you're brave and try new things and get rewarded for your bravery and other times, you have a bad day just cos you haven't approached things in the right way. It's a learning curve, I've toughened up in my training, as I have here and that's fine. I value the enormous talent and adivce that is free to someone like me. I love the humour - it keeps me sane in this mad world of gun dog and I've learnt loads since being a member and one day, I too hope to pass on my knowledge to a 'newbie'. I think we're all responsible, some need to take things with a pinch of salt and others need to think twice before clicking 'submit' - other than that, it works, doesn't it?