The atmosphere

News and Information about this site - Click here to donate
monsoon

Re: The atmosphere

Post by monsoon » Tue Jul 05, 2011 11:12 am

Pink Gundog wrote:Do you know I used to be very enthusiastic about the gundog and shooting world.. But the more I hear and see truly turns my stomach!! I thought it was just me being "Mumsie" but ive never ever in my life seen/heard so many people "Who incidently" are meant to be singing from the same hym sheet be as nasty/spiteful and horrid to, and about others. I now sometimes go out my way a little just to annoy these people and exagerate my opinions and its quite easy to see who are the troublemakers.. people are like glass, you can see right through them.. I was always brought up to treat others the way I would like to be treated but sometimes that doesnt work.. (

Cant see much that is spiteful and horrid...it is not nasty or horrid to have a difference of opinion about something and voice it, providing it's not obviously vindictive or personal.

As for the last line...me too, but I was always encouraged to speak my mind, listen to others opinions and try to understand why and how someone could have a different opinion/view. I was also taught that respect should not have to be earned, it should be given without question and only withdrawn with good reason.

Snicklefritz

Post by Snicklefritz » Tue Jul 05, 2011 12:59 pm

I think an important measure of civility is how well differences are resolved and meaningful dialogue continues. Hats off to management and members for creating an atmosphere where ideas can be discussed. Afterall, does anyone expect everyone to agree all the time?

From the land of the 'six-shooter'

Snick

BlackRaven

Post by BlackRaven » Tue Jul 05, 2011 1:02 pm

Snicklefritz wrote:I think an important measure of civility is how well differences are resolved and meaningful dialogue continues. Hats off to management and members for creating an atmosphere where ideas can be discussed. Afterall, does anyone expect everyone to agree all the time?

From the land of the 'six-shooter'

Snick
It'd be a bit boring if we all did.

madrags
Dogs: Rowf and Link

Post by madrags » Tue Jul 05, 2011 1:18 pm

In my opinion, the important thing is to have manners and respect for the opinion of others, even if it does not tally with yours. For example, you may think that someone's ideas for training are a pile of pants, but is neither polite nor constructive to say just that. By all means, ask for the reasoning behind it, but bear in mind that for everyone who disagrees, there are others who agree. My Mum used to say "If you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all". A bit anodyne for me, but then I will never be as lovely a person as my mother was.
Inside every springer, no matter how well trained, is an idiot trying to get out

Pink isn't just a colour, it's an attitude

Andrew
Dogs: yes

Post by Andrew » Tue Jul 05, 2011 2:55 pm

I think the one think that hasn't been aired is the poster who comes on, asks for advice, doesn't agree with what was given and then does their own thing. They then reappear several months later asking how to solve a problen through not taking on board what was suggested in the first place.

I can understand why the atmosphere can seem somewhat tainted in certain circumstances, likewise the poster who hasn't got the balls to say sorry I cocked up, but how can i procede, should expect some short shrift.

Surely the circumstances decide the comment :think:
Dranwedis Retriever Results

kentvalley

Post by kentvalley » Tue Jul 05, 2011 5:07 pm

in my opinion,some of theposts have been put on to deliberatly stir a hornets nest which i think is totally out of order!an alternative to aquote and this is not directed at anyone,if you can't say anything sensible,dont say anything at all

Snicklefritz

Post by Snicklefritz » Tue Jul 05, 2011 8:40 pm

kentvalley wrote:in my opinion,some of theposts have been put on to deliberatly stir a hornets nest which i think is totally out of order!an alternative to aquote and this is not directed at anyone,if you can't say anything sensible,dont say anything at all
Indeed! :shock:

Snick :doh: :whistle:

Pink Gundog
Dogs: Daisy, Belle, Sweep, Otter, Drake, Sooty

Post by Pink Gundog » Tue Jul 05, 2011 8:57 pm

Ok,, we all have a gripe or some pain in the arse that ruffles our feathers .. SOO as this is an excellent forum why cant we all work together to get back on track for all benefits :-D
Last edited by Pink Gundog on Tue Jul 12, 2011 9:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
My Attitude is based on how you treat me!!

kentvalley

Post by kentvalley » Tue Jul 05, 2011 9:00 pm

good idea

Andrew
Dogs: yes

Post by Andrew » Tue Jul 05, 2011 9:18 pm

bet this is the first thread thats stayed on topic, its good to moan :-D
Dranwedis Retriever Results