Gundog security advice

Reports & updates about missing dogs
terrier

Re: Gundog security advice

Post by terrier » Sun Jun 27, 2010 8:27 am

If your dog was stolen by some low life scumbag dont you think they may remove its collar and tags?. Its just a thought :think:

chemsell

Post by chemsell » Thu May 10, 2012 12:51 pm

I think that it is a sad state of affairs but the truth is that it doesnt matter what security measures you take if they want your dogs they will take them everything you do really is just a deterent. I have found that the best deterent against dog theives is to have a good guard /protection dog I know this is not suitable for most people but in an area where we have had quite a few thefts it works for me

rogerk9

Post by rogerk9 » Sun Aug 26, 2012 4:16 pm

All the cameras etc are good for taking images etc, whether the Police will even look at them is another thing, even if they do it doesn't mean you'll get your dog back! I will definitely recommend a product though by a company called send technologies, it's a PIR with a sim card stored in it, if someone triggers this PIR it will send you a text message within seconds, roughly 5 seconds, in around another 10 or so seconds it will call you and you can listen in to what's going on. If you use a vodafone sim card it will provide a rolling service e.g. if your phone is out of signal it will call the next on the list, you can store up to 5 numbers and it will roll until it contacts 1. Couple this with a well trained security dog and you're laughing, but even on it's own it's a piece of kit well worth buying, especially as the mains powered version is around £130 + vat and the battery powered version is around £100 + vat, the mains powered version is especially good for whelping kennels, if the power fails it will contact you to inform you! I have 1 and I'm well pleased with it!

vixen.
Dogs: ...have lost the plot

Post by vixen. » Sun Aug 26, 2012 6:33 pm

Like the sound of that actually, cheers!

morleyg
Dogs: Ruby

Post by morleyg » Sun Aug 26, 2012 7:57 pm

Think you can also get cameras linked to your router so u can watch them on your smart phone/computer for 3-400 squid.. As my mate said 'so you can watch someone nickin your dog'. I lie the idea of it though.

G

Allyson

Post by Allyson » Mon Jun 03, 2013 9:48 am

The reason a dog has so many friends is because he wags his tail more than his tongue!
Allyson Tohme MGoDT (MT)

shootingstu
Dogs: Lulu (ESS)

Post by shootingstu » Mon Jun 03, 2013 12:38 pm

Coincidentally the sporting Gun has an article on gundog security this month also.

springer-spaniel

Post by springer-spaniel » Mon Jun 03, 2013 1:06 pm

cant be bothered to read all this thread but if its not already been mentioned, the device i have in front of my kennels is from sentech its a motion sensor with a sim card in and if its triggered it will send me a txt message and if after 10 seconds still picking up movement it calls my mobile or a list of 4 other numbers till it gets an answer and relays the audio to me! simples! i call the cops or my neighbour to go round and bash their heed in ta da!

im in most of the time anyway and take my dogs with me werever practical

springer-spaniel

Post by springer-spaniel » Mon Jun 03, 2013 1:11 pm

shootingstu
Dogs: Lulu (ESS)

Post by shootingstu » Mon Jun 03, 2013 1:50 pm

That looks good how much are they?