Dog food help ?

Chat about anything off-topic
james milnes

Dog food help ?

Post by james milnes » Sun May 13, 2018 12:03 pm

Yesterday I went to the northern shooting show and had a fantastic day out, while there I was talking to the guy on the Sneyd dog food stand and as I feed skinners duck and rice at the minute asked if they do anything similar, he showed me their hypoallergenic duck and rice and it looks the same as the skinners so my question is
Does anyone know if skinners and Sneyd duck and rice are in fact the same generic food badged up differently please ?
Regards
J

munstyman

Re: Dog food help ?

Post by munstyman » Sun May 13, 2018 5:05 pm

Just looking at the composition, they are different so I would say no ( one uses barley and one uses oats ). There are many different brands with similar composition, in such circumstances price and ease of availability will be a deciding factor, and maybe quality control/customer service.
If the dogs are happy on one feed, it takes more than marketing to make me change, although freebies in combination with exposed cleavage may encourage me to take a trial bag or two :dance:

james milnes

Post by james milnes » Mon May 14, 2018 4:55 am

Hi
I really appreciate your help cheers, yeah both dogs do well on the skinners but the sneyd''s is a little cheaper and a little easier to get as one of the guys on the stall I spoke to only lives 10 miles away.
My loyalty to skinners came via them sponsoring a spring point I was graded in last year ''so got a free sack to try and both do well on it''
On balance probably just stick with the skinners then..
Again thank you for your help
J

Aimeetess
Dogs: Cocker

Post by Aimeetess » Mon May 14, 2018 1:38 pm

Have a look on allaboutdogfood.co.uk.. definitely interesting what marks they get.

Dawnrazor

Post by Dawnrazor » Mon May 21, 2018 11:32 am

I've never had a dog that done well on Skinners, I've tried a few of thier range, whether it was a springer, lurcher, terrier or Foxhound nothing thrived on it, over priced too imo.
Tried Sneyds a couple of time, nothing out of the ordinary tbh.
CSJ's and Wuffitmix are good, my dogs seem to do well on both.