Ftch Belvden Vatanen

Discuss working your Gundog or tell us about your experiences be it sublime or ridiculous!
EssGrouse

Re: Ftch Belvden Vatanen

Post by EssGrouse » Fri Jul 31, 2015 12:51 pm

She is in good hands Jim, not sure why she would have done it, never experienced it myself. I Do know of a german shepherd that would eat them as they come out of her, used make a right mess of her backend. Had to be spayed.

Now just one male left for me, lets hope its makes the next week and take it from there.
Without commitment, you'll never start but more importantly, without consistency, you'll never finish.

Spaniel Jim
Dogs: Ria, Berry,Max,Fay, Moss, Murphy, Finn

Post by Spaniel Jim » Fri Jul 31, 2015 5:28 pm

Yeah the bitch I had did ate a couple on the 1st litter I put it down to 1st litter and she had a dead 1 inside so thought she might have been distressed. Gave her a 2nd chance and she did the whole lot i never even seen 1. Safe to say I didn't try again.
Angarrick gundogs

EssGrouse

Post by EssGrouse » Thu Sep 24, 2015 12:49 pm

The Vatanen pups left for their new homes yesterday.....Bold as brass they are, considering the dam is a real softy.....

Really looking forward to seeing how they progress.
Without commitment, you'll never start but more importantly, without consistency, you'll never finish.

EssGrouse

Post by EssGrouse » Tue Jul 18, 2017 9:33 am

Well one of them is a FTW already with another 2 being trialled come the bird season. Seems the mating worked.

Nickheref

Post by Nickheref » Tue Jul 18, 2017 10:09 am

Spaniel Jim wrote:
Fri Jul 31, 2015 5:28 pm
Yeah the bitch I had did ate a couple on the 1st litter I put it down to 1st litter and she had a dead 1 inside so thought she might have been distressed. Gave her a 2nd chance and she did the whole lot i never even seen 1. Safe to say I didn't try again.
Never had a bitch eat a pup but a mate's bitch appeared to sort through a litter of 8 on her first litter, select two, gently squeeze them enough to kill them then put them out of the nest and settled down to nurse the others. No idea why unless she thought she couldn't look after 8 or thought there was something wrong with them, he thought she was going to do the lot and was ready to intervene but it wasn't necessary and she looked after the rest really well.

Naj

Post by Naj » Tue Jul 18, 2017 12:57 pm

Had a Rotty once who kept pushing one pup out on its own and it died soon after. :think:

Dawnrazor

Post by Dawnrazor » Wed Jul 19, 2017 6:53 pm

I had a bitch who chewed the legs and tails off and linked the ambilical cords so hard she opened the stomachs of 3 or 4 pups, not nice to find.