Advice wcs with queen ann legs.

Discuss working your Gundog or tell us about your experiences be it sublime or ridiculous!
Jelinga
Dogs: Drift and Rourke

Re: Advice wcs with queen ann legs.

Post by Jelinga » Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:53 am

I differ with you all, I would keep the dog, even if he couldn't be worked, I would want to give him a good home, I could always get another dog to work.

Judy
Co-Admin

Post by Judy » Mon Nov 20, 2017 12:50 pm

Frustrating for a work bred dog to be left at home though and an expensive option!
In life, it is important to know when to stop arguing with people and simply let them be wrong.

Aimeetess
Dogs: Cocker

Post by Aimeetess » Mon Nov 20, 2017 3:45 pm

I suppose it depends on ESS, their outlook and how hard they work their dog/s. It may never affect the dog, or it may.

Some people have dogs to do a 'job' so need a fit strong dog that doesn't have any visible problems. Others have them mostly as loyal pets and work them on the odd occasion.

I'm sure ESS knows what they'll be doing deep down, if you have a real bond with the dog then it makes it even more difficult to think with the brain and not the heart! (for me anyway!)

ESS

Post by ESS » Mon Nov 20, 2017 4:48 pm

The dog is mainly a pet with a possible 4 half days outing during the season.
Other than that it will be casent of walking through woodlands and hedge rows every night just walking them but I guess they work anyway.

Dartmoordog
Dogs: Monty (Sprocker) Steeno (ESS)

Post by Dartmoordog » Mon Nov 20, 2017 5:43 pm

Aimeetess is right, it may never affect the dog and it may have a great working life. My current Sprocker has QALs, he is now 10 and has worked every season on very demanding ground for a dog, he worked on Saturday, all day beating, and still ran around on Sunday on his “recovery” walk.

You may have a perfect ESS with gun barrel legs that snaps a cruciate at 2 years old and is never really right afterwards.

I am glad I kept my lad, he has been an honest, obedient and biddable shooting companion.

That said, I would never breed from him.
Be careful what you say about my wife or kids, be VERY careful what you say about my gundogs.