Tom Brechney

Any other gundog related questions, problems, etc.
Post Reply
Ghilliegumdrop
Member
Posts: 817
Joined: Mon Nov 24, 2008 11:12 am
Dogs: Ghillie and Merlin
Location: Herts

Tom Brechney

Post by Ghilliegumdrop »

Someone has just posted on an HPR group asking if the Tom Brechney DVDs are any good. has anyone seen them?
Me, Ghillie the Champion, Merlin the Mad. Brittanys were bred as poachers dogs.....They were an extension of the old rogue's arm, trained to look innocent and unprepossessing, all the time plotting, thinking, scheming to make game!
Judy
Co-Admin
Posts: 16742
Joined: Sun Nov 23, 2008 10:33 pm
Location: Kent

Re: Tom Brechney

Post by Judy »

Can you still get them?
In life, it is important to know when to stop arguing with people and simply let them be wrong.
Ghilliegumdrop
Member
Posts: 817
Joined: Mon Nov 24, 2008 11:12 am
Dogs: Ghillie and Merlin
Location: Herts

Re: Tom Brechney

Post by Ghilliegumdrop »

No idea but I had a phone call last night from some guy who called me a daft old trout :twisted: i shall be ringing him back later today and giving him stick.
I blame you for the information by the way :twisted:
Me, Ghillie the Champion, Merlin the Mad. Brittanys were bred as poachers dogs.....They were an extension of the old rogue's arm, trained to look innocent and unprepossessing, all the time plotting, thinking, scheming to make game!
Judy
Co-Admin
Posts: 16742
Joined: Sun Nov 23, 2008 10:33 pm
Location: Kent

Re: Tom Brechney

Post by Judy »

Wot, me? You started it! :rotfl: Give the old sod my regards.
In life, it is important to know when to stop arguing with people and simply let them be wrong.
Naj
Member
Posts: 7419
Joined: Tue Sep 20, 2011 11:47 am

Re: Tom Brechney

Post by Naj »

Didn’t Wullie have a hand in this? :angel:
Judy
Co-Admin
Posts: 16742
Joined: Sun Nov 23, 2008 10:33 pm
Location: Kent

Re: Tom Brechney

Post by Judy »

aka the old sod.
In life, it is important to know when to stop arguing with people and simply let them be wrong.
Mike A
Member
Posts: 635
Joined: Thu Feb 06, 2014 2:27 pm
Dogs: Ned , Wilf and Milo
Location: North Devon

Re: Tom Brechney

Post by Mike A »

And I thought Alice had started it :lol:
WGD
Member
Posts: 2323
Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2009 5:41 pm
Dogs: Plenty to keep me occupied

Re: Tom Brechney

Post by WGD »

Seeing as Tommy won the HPR championship 5 times you would think his advice would be relevant :whistle:

Paul French video sell them.
ATB

WGD
trekmoor
Member
Posts: 16074
Joined: Mon Nov 24, 2008 9:38 am
Dogs: Too many and not enough !
Location: Central Scotland

Re: Tom Brechney

Post by trekmoor »

Naj wrote: ↑Sun Jan 07, 2018 9:03 pm Didn’t Wullie have a hand in this? :angel:
I didn't have "a hand" in Tom's video. A man called Ian Sayers (he died about a month ago) and I made Britain's first ever HPR training video , Tom's first video came out a couple of months later. In terms of sound and picture quality I think Tom's video was better, he had a "real" camera man while Ian and I did the whole thing ourselves while working the dogs at the same time.

I only saw a few bits from a couple of Tom's videos .....to be honest videos bore the hell out of me ! :lol:

Wullie
If at first you don't succeed .....find out if there is a booby prize !
-----------------------------------------------------
Don't do what doesn't work - do what does.
.
Judy
Co-Admin
Posts: 16742
Joined: Sun Nov 23, 2008 10:33 pm
Location: Kent

Re: Tom Brechney

Post by Judy »

Funny you should say that, twice I have borrowed videos and sent them back to my mates because I have only seen the first 20 minutes or so each time before succumbing to the need to sleep. Good cure for insomnia I reckon!
In life, it is important to know when to stop arguing with people and simply let them be wrong.
Post Reply