As hunters we do more than just kill things. We appreciate and do more to protect the living things that surround us than many that talk the talk and take the money do to make them feel good about themselves. Despite what they might be doing that is often short sighted and bares little resemblance to the real world and needs.
Ground is as wet around here as I have ever seen it (30 years walking over the same ground ) However the generally mild winter has seen a slow constant growth of many plants and grasses. Weeds have certainly flourished on the allotment
No grass snakes or slow worms in the compost bins this year when I turned them, which was unusual, just a few of last years empty egg sacs. No queen bumbles starting their nests either, although I have tried to turn them earlier this year so as not to have to work around them.
Feel free to add as the mood takes you.