WGD

Chat about anything off-topic
WGD
Member
Posts: 2323
Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2009 5:41 pm
Dogs: Plenty to keep me occupied

Re: WGD

Post by WGD »

We're relatively lucky, the village is not congested and although close by, the local tourist hot spots don't have much impact on us. I have never met so many people in the woodland close to my house where I walk and train the dogs, but it is certainly not a problem. And knowing the local farmer and laird helps with roaming a little further. Stay safe everyone.
ATB

WGD
westcountry
Member
Posts: 931
Joined: Fri May 01, 2015 2:54 pm
Dogs: 9 Springers and Marcie
Location: Northumberland

Re: WGD

Post by westcountry »

WGD wrote: ↑Mon Apr 20, 2020 3:30 pm We're relatively lucky, the village is not congested and although close by, the local tourist hot spots don't have much impact on us. I have never met so many people in the woodland close to my house where I walk and train the dogs, but it is certainly not a problem. And knowing the local farmer and laird helps with roaming a little further. Stay safe everyone.
At least it will be quiet for when you get the Lab puppy.
Stacia
Member
Posts: 4671
Joined: Tue Mar 03, 2009 2:05 pm
Dogs: Drift and Rourke
Location: West Worcestershire

Re: WGD

Post by Stacia »

My little quiet lane is like Picadilly Circus!
PRH
Member
Posts: 1031
Joined: Sun Jan 09, 2011 9:46 pm
Dogs: 2 labs and 1 cocker
Location: Worcestershire

Re: WGD

Post by PRH »

Jelinga wrote: ↑Mon Apr 20, 2020 6:53 pm My little quiet lane is like Picadilly Circus!
Same here. We live on lane that normally sees a handful of cars a day and a few walkers (the Worcestershire Way is above the lane). It has been like the Inca trail with walkers and cyclists since lockdown started! Some of the footpaths on the farm that don’t see a soul all year have been well used. I think it’s great, folk have got to get out and get some exercise and fresh air.
Nickheref
Member
Posts: 1923
Joined: Tue Apr 01, 2014 12:09 pm

Re: WGD

Post by Nickheref »

When I was giving the dogs a run this morning I actually stopped as I heard a lorry on the main road about half a mile away and listened to it, funny how quickly you get used to the quiet, it is never busy here and a car an hour would be rush hour but at the moment there is nothing moving except farm vehicles.
westcountry
Member
Posts: 931
Joined: Fri May 01, 2015 2:54 pm
Dogs: 9 Springers and Marcie
Location: Northumberland

Re: WGD

Post by westcountry »

PRH wrote: ↑Mon Apr 20, 2020 7:16 pm
Jelinga wrote: ↑Mon Apr 20, 2020 6:53 pm My little quiet lane is like Picadilly Circus!
Same here. We live on lane that normally sees a handful of cars a day and a few walkers (the Worcestershire Way is above the lane). It has been like the Inca trail with walkers and cyclists since lockdown started! Some of the footpaths on the farm that don’t see a soul all year have been well used. I think it’s great, folk have got to get out and get some exercise and fresh air.
Thats fine if they are local people and you dont have a COVID 19 problem in the local population. But when you see strangers in the area with rucksacks ,you know they have travelled to get here ,which is against the guidelines, it makes me angry. I carry disposable gloves with me for opening and closing gates. You never know where the cyclists and hikers have come from.
PRH
Member
Posts: 1031
Joined: Sun Jan 09, 2011 9:46 pm
Dogs: 2 labs and 1 cocker
Location: Worcestershire

Re: WGD

Post by PRH »

That's true WGD. I've not seen any happy hikers with their rucksacks, only a few lost souls trying to read maps. Some landowners locally have been trying to get temporary footpath closures, which seems pretty miserable in the circumstances.
ips
Member
Posts: 5618
Joined: Sat May 30, 2015 7:34 pm
Dogs: Eze "cocker"
Location: UK

Re: WGD

Post by ips »

Jelinga wrote: ↑Mon Apr 20, 2020 6:53 pm My little quiet lane is like Picadilly Circus!
Yep same for us, folk walking who we have never seen before, our lane is a dead end that becomes a footpath through a few fields however it is usually very seldom used....until now.
Muddling along in the hope that one day it starts to make sense.
trekmoor
Member
Posts: 16074
Joined: Mon Nov 24, 2008 9:38 am
Dogs: Too many and not enough !
Location: Central Scotland

Re: WGD

Post by trekmoor »

It is very quiet where I live. Hardly any vehicle traffic and human traffic is all dog walkers , joggers and married couples out for walks together ….it's probably the first time they have done that in years ! :lol:

I am seeing strange dogs and dog walkers going through the little strip of woodland behind my house. I think they all live fairly locally but never normally take their dogs for walks this far from their homes.

The news that people over 70 will be expected to endure lock down conditions for about 18 months was greeted by my wife showing why she has red hair ! She was angry to put it mildly ....." That will be right !" was the gist of it but it was interspersed with sweary words I didn't think she even knew ! :lol:

For myself, I have decided to give it until June and then come hell or high water I am going fishing. I'm told I don't have much time left anyway so I don't really mind if this virus gets me ....it's better than waiting for the cancer bug to do it's thing.

Wullie
If at first you don't succeed .....find out if there is a booby prize !
-----------------------------------------------------
Don't do what doesn't work - do what does.
.
Sgurr
Member
Posts: 2168
Joined: Tue Nov 17, 2009 2:22 pm
Dogs: Peggy Sue

Re: WGD

Post by Sgurr »

Hoping that William is well restored to health and Wullie has gone fishing!
All the best everyone in these difficult times.
Post Reply