No wheels on my wagon.

Chat about anything off-topic
Post Reply
trekmoor
Member
Posts: 16074
Joined: Mon Nov 24, 2008 9:38 am
Dogs: Too many and not enough !
Location: Central Scotland

No wheels on my wagon.

Post by trekmoor »

The title of this post is from a song about a man being chased by injuns as the wheels fall one by one from his wagon. The song now applies to me ,the "Cherokees have captured me" because I have no wheels left with which to dodge or run away.

I already had at least 3 illnesses that could kill me..... Angina, empyhsema (excuse my spelling) ,C.O.P.D. . To these I have now added (excuse spelling) Macrocellular bacterium, Lung cancer, cancer on my ribcage and cancer running down from behind an ear and well down into my throat.

I am now almost officially dead. Been in hospital for the last 3 weeks while I received medical care and tests and radiography treatment.

Apparently I am far too far gone to be operated on or given chemotherapy. I was told , after asking directly how long I have to live, about 2 to 3 months and I should expect the lower time period not the higher one. I have already had one of those months while I was in hospital.

I have to swallow 12 pills first thing in the morning and more as the day goes on. I counted them once after a week in hospital .......25 f-in pills in a day ! On top of that I have liquid medicines to swallow. I hate pills !

Anyway , let me take this chance to wish all of you long life and happiness. I enquired at the hospital ...it seems they are dedicated to keeping me alive ......I don't feel that way. If it wasn't for the fact that some poor sods would have to clean up after a suicide attempt by me , I'd finish myself off quickly. I am humane enough to do that for a dog with cancer so I sort of feel I should be allowed to shuffle off this mortal coil with a minimum of fuss.

Cheerio you lot and lang may yer lums reek.

Wullie
If at first you don't succeed .....find out if there is a booby prize !
-----------------------------------------------------
Don't do what doesn't work - do what does.
.
Judy
Co-Admin
Posts: 16742
Joined: Sun Nov 23, 2008 10:33 pm
Location: Kent

Re: No wheels on my wagon.

Post by Judy »

Ah, sorry to hear all this, we'll miss you ya old s*d. I still remember that training session we had years ago, that was a giggle. Here's hoping your remaining time will be as comfortable as possible and keep cuddling that Charlie dog if only to make him wonder wtf is going on with you!
Love to the Soup Dragon, hope she is ok now.
In life, it is important to know when to stop arguing with people and simply let them be wrong.
ips
Member
Posts: 5618
Joined: Sat May 30, 2015 7:34 pm
Dogs: Eze "cocker"
Location: UK

Re: No wheels on my wagon.

Post by ips »

I am unsure how best to respond my friend other than to echo Judy's comment that I hope you remain relatively comfortable 👍
Muddling along in the hope that one day it starts to make sense.
Rascal
Co-Admin
Posts: 10211
Joined: Mon Nov 24, 2008 3:22 pm
Location: Lincolnshire

Re: No wheels on my wagon.

Post by Rascal »

I too remember the training day where we all had a giggle and I came home with Scally as a wee pup... Like Judy I hope they can keep you comfortable and pain free, I’ve always said we are kinder to our animals than we are to ourselves. Take care Bill, we will miss you and thank you for sharing your knowledge and humour over all these years. Love to you and yours Wendy.xxx
General Dogsbody
newf
Member
Posts: 2112
Joined: Fri Aug 23, 2013 8:50 pm

Re: No wheels on my wagon.

Post by newf »

Sorry to hear Wullie! I’ve always enjoyed your humour and to the point commentary. You’ll be sadly missed. Wishing you as much comfort as I can pray for...

Brian
Milly
Member
Posts: 1049
Joined: Sun Dec 28, 2008 1:06 pm
Dogs: Paddy & Bren
Location: East Yorkshire

Re: No wheels on my wagon.

Post by Milly »

If this posts twice it’s because the first post disappeared!
Anyway, I’m sorry to read about your bad news Wullie, like others I’ve benefited from your years of dogging experience and your stories and I have memories of a couple of training days with you. One in particular I remember you, your Scottish comrades and that lady from the lakes all went to bed before me leaving me as the ‘last man standing’, alone with the alcohol even hubby had enough and went to bed! You probably all had the right idea as I rather a thick head the next day and a ‘never again’ attitude.
Make the most of your limited time (as best you can). I’m glad you posted though as people always get to say nice things when people have actually died instead of expressing them before. It’s been a pleasure knowing you Sir x
RAH
Member
Posts: 385
Joined: Mon Jul 07, 2014 5:09 pm

Re: No wheels on my wagon.

Post by RAH »

Wullie, you have been a character and a half on this forum. It’s been enlightening, interesting, eye-opening and fun reading your stories and tips from the years of your experience. Thank you for always taking the time to answer our newbie questions.

I hope they can make you feel as comfortable as possible. Sending you a little squeeze and some grapes.
bird
Member
Posts: 363
Joined: Fri Jun 10, 2016 5:55 pm

Re: No wheels on my wagon.

Post by bird »

You will be missed. I hope there is still comfort and a little pleasure ahead of you in your wheel less wagon xxx
Mike A
Member
Posts: 635
Joined: Thu Feb 06, 2014 2:27 pm
Dogs: Ned , Wilf and Milo
Location: North Devon

Re: No wheels on my wagon.

Post by Mike A »

I'm so sorry to hear this, I hope you can enjoy your remaining time and your family are around you .
Thank you for the pleasure advice and so many laughs you have given us .
Miesque
Member
Posts: 1140
Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:35 pm
Dogs: Many spaniels
Location: Ireland

Re: No wheels on my wagon.

Post by Miesque »

So sorry Wullie - I hope you are surrounded by family
Post Reply