Vest or bag
-
CockerCanuck
- Member
- Posts: 1372
- Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2016 10:56 pm
- Dogs: Fergal, Hamish, Ceilidh
- Location: SW Ontario, Canada
Re: Vest or bag
I have always admired the beautiful looking traditional shooting bags I see in photographs of British shooting. I have been tempted to order one but wondered if I would use it, at least for it's intended purpose. Here it is almost universally vests ( blaze orange). I thought it was simply a cultural difference but I have picked up on this thread there is also a practical reason. In your shoots I guess there are several times during an average day when you are standing and waiting and it makes a lot of sense to drop, or hang, the bag and not have to shoulder it. Whereas in our NA rough shooting you rarely stand still and are always moving so a vest makes more sense for us.
I'm suspicious of people who don't like dogs, but I trust a dog when it doesn't like a person. - Bill Murray
Re: Vest or bag
A bag, you don't look like a Twat with a Gamebag.
Re: Vest or bag
Oh I dunno, I've seen lots of twats with gamebags...
I don't understand this liking for carrying loads of stuff about, you can do 90% of your training with a couple of disc dummies which will fit in the pocket of your jeans, couple of tennis balls or plastic dummies for water training. KISS!
If you are out picking up a bag is not what you need as it keeps the game too warm.
In life, it is important to know when to stop arguing with people and simply let them be wrong.
-
PRH
- Member
- Posts: 1031
- Joined: Sun Jan 09, 2011 9:46 pm
- Dogs: 2 labs and 1 cocker
- Location: Worcestershire
Re: Vest or bag
Bag for training dummies, never take it shooting.
-
CockerCanuck
- Member
- Posts: 1372
- Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2016 10:56 pm
- Dogs: Fergal, Hamish, Ceilidh
- Location: SW Ontario, Canada
Re: Vest or bag
Everyone in my OGRG (Old Guy Retriever Group) carries training stuff in a 5 gallon pail with a snap on padded seat lid. Just the right size for all the essential; 4-5 dummies, or dead ducks, starter pistol, duck call. The big advantage is when you are out throwing for others you can sit on it while waiting your turn. Everyone else's are white but I can feel the envy in the air when they gaze longingly at my camo one 
I'm suspicious of people who don't like dogs, but I trust a dog when it doesn't like a person. - Bill Murray
Re: Vest or bag
I'd rather carry around a 5gl Pail than wear a training vest, bloody ridiculous looking things!
Re: Vest or bag
CC
Sounds exactly same as my pigeon shooting cammo seat / bucket
Sounds exactly same as my pigeon shooting cammo seat / bucket
Muddling along in the hope that one day it starts to make sense.
Re: Vest or bag
In life, it is important to know when to stop arguing with people and simply let them be wrong.
Re: Vest or bag
Training Vests........Place Boards.........Cockers............Flatcoats.............there is a very special spot for you in Hell woman!!!!!
Re: Vest or bag
Training Vests........Place Boards.........Cockers............Flatcoats.............there is a very special spot for you in Hell woman!!!!!