Priests

Chat about anything off-topic
Post Reply
Judy
Co-Admin
Posts: 16742
Joined: Sun Nov 23, 2008 10:33 pm
Location: Kent

Priests

Post by Judy »

*Sigh*. The OG bought me a new priest for Christmas, it is a nicely turned light wood one with a lead infill but somewhat larger than I had in mind when mentioning what I would like for Chrimbo. Well, it was almost a year before I dared take it with me picking up for reasons which will become obvious shortly. I wandered over to the lads on the picking up team clutching my new toy. "Swinging the lead again, Judy?" yeah yeah. "That's smart" one said then bent over to look more closely at it.

"Which end do you put the batteries in?" :oops: :brickwall: :lol:
In life, it is important to know when to stop arguing with people and simply let them be wrong.
newf
Member
Posts: 2112
Joined: Fri Aug 23, 2013 8:50 pm

Re: Priests

Post by newf »

🤣🤣 rude crowd.😂
Judy
Co-Admin
Posts: 16742
Joined: Sun Nov 23, 2008 10:33 pm
Location: Kent

Re: Priests

Post by Judy »

No room for snowflakes there for sure. :-D
In life, it is important to know when to stop arguing with people and simply let them be wrong.
Nickheref
Member
Posts: 1923
Joined: Tue Apr 01, 2014 12:09 pm

Re: Priests

Post by Nickheref »

Judy wrote: ↑Sat Dec 04, 2021 10:20 pm *Sigh*. The OG bought me a new priest for Christmas, it is a nicely turned light wood one with a lead infill but somewhat larger than I had in mind when mentioning what I would like for Chrimbo.
Oh Judy :naughty:

Rule one on any fishing, shooting or gundog gear and Chrimbo/birthday presents - either specify exactly what you want down to the serial number or just buy it yourself and accept the things you didn't want but have been given with good grace!!! I gave up years ago and now any sporting stuff bought by others members of the family is limited to shooting socks (usually in colours I am glad my wellies or leggings hide most of) or fleeces.
Judy
Co-Admin
Posts: 16742
Joined: Sun Nov 23, 2008 10:33 pm
Location: Kent

Re: Priests

Post by Judy »

Silly me, I thought a priest was a priest, except when it's a Priest. To be fair it's a lovely object, beautifully turned, nicely balanced, light enough in colour to be found when I drop it, long enough to be very efficient and not too heavy to carry around all day.

In other words, it's not me it's them others! :brickwall: :rotfl:
In life, it is important to know when to stop arguing with people and simply let them be wrong.
munstyman
Member
Posts: 1589
Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2015 3:17 pm

Re: Priests

Post by munstyman »

I have an antler version, so I guess the OG knows your preference for smooth rather than ribbed :think: ;) :lol:
Judy
Co-Admin
Posts: 16742
Joined: Sun Nov 23, 2008 10:33 pm
Location: Kent

Re: Priests

Post by Judy »

munstyman wrote: ↑Tue Dec 07, 2021 6:22 pm I have an antler version, so I guess the OG knows your preference for smooth rather than ribbed :think: ;) :lol:
:12: :07: :04: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
In life, it is important to know when to stop arguing with people and simply let them be wrong.
crackerd
Member
Posts: 1895
Joined: Mon May 14, 2012 4:20 pm

Re: Priests

Post by crackerd »

munstyman wrote: ↑Tue Dec 07, 2021 6:22 pm I have an antler version, so I guess the OG knows your preference for smooth rather than ribbed :think: ;) :lol:
Naughty, naughty munsty - if this above were a comment cast in your direction, we might have to take it up with the Vatican! But I don't know if il Papa would award you penance or, erm, a commemorative "issue."

How do you like me coming to the defence of our distaff leader!

MG
Dawnrazor
Member
Posts: 1384
Joined: Tue Jan 11, 2011 6:48 pm

Re: Priests

Post by Dawnrazor »

They like wee boys........dirty buggers!!
CockerCanuck
Member
Posts: 1372
Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2016 10:56 pm
Dogs: Fergal, Hamish, Ceilidh
Location: SW Ontario, Canada

Re: Priests

Post by CockerCanuck »

Another UK cultural icon I have no familiarity with. I have never seen a priest used on a bird in my life. I am not even sure I know how I would apply it?

While fishing for larger fish like salmon I do employ a brass priest I have used for years. Something I have noticed here is that in the English speaking largely Protestant areas of the country the little fishing club is called a "priest" but in the more Catholic background French speaking parts of this country it is called a "preacher".
I'm suspicious of people who don't like dogs, but I trust a dog when it doesn't like a person. - Bill Murray
Post Reply