Warm start to the season

Put photos or links to photos in here
Post Reply
Cass
Member
Posts: 1681
Joined: Mon Dec 03, 2012 1:52 pm
Dogs: Lily (Dachshund) & Jake (Cocker)
Location: ON, Canada

Warm start to the season

Post by Cass »

Well the next 3 days are supposed to be hovering around 30C here... what a poor excuse for an October! Hopefully it cools down soon so the woodcock start migrating. It's been crazy dry, hard to find even a puddle for the dogs to cool off in these days.

Image
"If you train a young dog for momentum, precision will arrive. If you train for precision, demanding perfection, momentum will depart." - Rex Carr
Cass
Member
Posts: 1681
Joined: Mon Dec 03, 2012 1:52 pm
Dogs: Lily (Dachshund) & Jake (Cocker)
Location: ON, Canada

Re: Warm start to the season

Post by Cass »

I've been running the pup solo since the season started as it's her first season and between work and the kids my time is limited. Yesterday I decided to run both dogs together. Literally 10 years to the day when I shot my first grouse over Jake the old man put on a show. He had this beauty young red phase up in the air and in my vest within the first 10 minutes on the ground. His age is definitely starting to show - he still goes hard but after about 40-45 minutes he was out of gas. Not the endless hours he once had. But I'll take every minute in the field I've got with this guy.

Image

Image
"If you train a young dog for momentum, precision will arrive. If you train for precision, demanding perfection, momentum will depart." - Rex Carr
Judy
Co-Admin
Posts: 16742
Joined: Sun Nov 23, 2008 10:33 pm
Location: Kent

Re: Warm start to the season

Post by Judy »

TEN YEARS?!! Blimey, I remember you going to get him as a pup.
In life, it is important to know when to stop arguing with people and simply let them be wrong.
Cass
Member
Posts: 1681
Joined: Mon Dec 03, 2012 1:52 pm
Dogs: Lily (Dachshund) & Jake (Cocker)
Location: ON, Canada

Re: Warm start to the season

Post by Cass »

Judy wrote: ↑Wed Oct 11, 2023 6:55 am TEN YEARS?!! Blimey, I remember you going to get him as a pup.
I know! So crazy!
"If you train a young dog for momentum, precision will arrive. If you train for precision, demanding perfection, momentum will depart." - Rex Carr
User avatar
FernandoCasas
Member
Posts: 14
Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2025 12:00 am
Location: México
Contact:

Re: Warm start to the season

Post by FernandoCasas »

¡Vaya calor para octubre! Ojalá llueva pronto y se refresque un poco.
Post Reply