Outdoor Cabin/Kennel
-
Debs
- Member
- Posts: 146
- Joined: Wed Jun 03, 2009 7:30 pm
- Dogs: Harry,Scout,Widget & Bobby
- Location: Croydon,Surrey
Outdoor Cabin/Kennel
Has anyone here recently purchased the above and if so any recommendations? I have built a a covered run but need the cabin for the dog to sleep in. I would prefer a hinged lid,so easily cleaned,a partition to keep the worst of the draught out preferably with those plastic strips at the pop hole to keep the rotten weather out. It must be an open doorway as he has problems holding his wee and would rather he didn’t do it inside. Thanks in advance for any ideas.
Debs
Debs
Re: Outdoor Cabin/Kennel
I bought Lintran sleeping boxes about 4 years ago, Insulated but no hanging strips in the doorway, lid lifts for easy cleaning etc. No problems at all so far with them, one dog prefers to sleep on top unless we have torrential rain but that is only because she doesn't want to miss anything happening, I say sleep but I have yet to see her asleep unless lying next to me in the house or the pub.
-
Debs
- Member
- Posts: 146
- Joined: Wed Jun 03, 2009 7:30 pm
- Dogs: Harry,Scout,Widget & Bobby
- Location: Croydon,Surrey
Re: Outdoor Cabin/Kennel
Thanks for that Nick. I was looking at Lintran along with others. Can’t see the wood for the trees, good to have a recommendation.
Debs
Debs
-
bearraspberry
- Just Arrived
- Posts: 1
- Joined: Wed Aug 30, 2023 6:54 am
Re: Outdoor Cabin/Kennel
Hi Debs,
I haven't purchased the outdoor cabin/kennel recently, but based on your requirements, it sounds like you should consider looking for a model with a hinged lid for easy cleaning, a partition to reduce drafts, and perhaps add your own plastic strips for weatherproofing at the pop hole. An open doorway is a good idea for your dog's needs. You might want to check with local pet stores or online retailers for options that meet these criteria. Good luck with your search!
I haven't purchased the outdoor cabin/kennel recently, but based on your requirements, it sounds like you should consider looking for a model with a hinged lid for easy cleaning, a partition to reduce drafts, and perhaps add your own plastic strips for weatherproofing at the pop hole. An open doorway is a good idea for your dog's needs. You might want to check with local pet stores or online retailers for options that meet these criteria. Good luck with your search!
-
PRH
- Member
- Posts: 1031
- Joined: Sun Jan 09, 2011 9:46 pm
- Dogs: 2 labs and 1 cocker
- Location: Worcestershire
Re: Outdoor Cabin/Kennel
Waiting..... 
Re: Outdoor Cabin/Kennel
Mmm, now, shall I disappoint you by getting in first with the eraser or shall I pick up my hammer and bide my time?
In life, it is important to know when to stop arguing with people and simply let them be wrong.
-
PRH
- Member
- Posts: 1031
- Joined: Sun Jan 09, 2011 9:46 pm
- Dogs: 2 labs and 1 cocker
- Location: Worcestershire
Re: Outdoor Cabin/Kennel
Is it like Thor's hammer?
Re: Outdoor Cabin/Kennel
Silly boy, you must know you cannot whack a mole with a screwdriver, even I know that!
In life, it is important to know when to stop arguing with people and simply let them be wrong.
Re: Outdoor Cabin/Kennel
It depends on whether or not you have a flat head or posi , but you'll need it soon as another one has arrived ... `Dinosaur shaped slippers' for hunting dogs is one hellava a stretch
