Use of red blanks?
-
SoupDragon
- Member
- Posts: 20
- Joined: Mon Oct 09, 2023 12:17 pm
Use of red blanks?
I have sent for a new Dummy launcher, I only previously used them with a group. How detrimental is the occasional use of the long-range blanks to its working lifespan? Something not to worry about? use sparingly? or not at all? I sent for the banks already and had a good deal on 3 boxes (each colour) but Now I'm wondering if I should use the red blanks. Any advice gratefully received.
Re: Use of red blanks?
The dummy launcher should be proofed if its from a reputable company so the `red blanks' shouldn't cause any undue wear and tear. However the same can't be said for your wrists if its a hand held launcher
The O ring is about the only wear and tear item on the launcher, however a few years back I do remember the end of some dummies being blown through being reported. Whether this was poor manufacturing or general degradation of the plastic and how it was stored, I do not know.
Best accessory is the shoulder stock if your going to use it a lot.
The O ring is about the only wear and tear item on the launcher, however a few years back I do remember the end of some dummies being blown through being reported. Whether this was poor manufacturing or general degradation of the plastic and how it was stored, I do not know.
Best accessory is the shoulder stock if your going to use it a lot.
-
SoupDragon
- Member
- Posts: 20
- Joined: Mon Oct 09, 2023 12:17 pm
Re: Use of red blanks?
Thanks for the reply. just what i wanted to know. Ive sent for the Lucky 2 launcher which has a stock. If anyone is in the process of thinking of buying I had it off Dog and Field for £171 (10% discount code) which was significantly cheaper than anything else out there.
Re: Use of red blanks?
I've been training gun dogs for 30+ years and never used a dummy launcher, not sure I see the point of them? Folks must use them as there's many on the market but I find my dogs don't like the noise they make. Mind you, I train on my own a lot, I suspect they are better used with someone else operating them for you. Which is a roundabout way of saying please be careful how you introduce the launcher to your dog, some hate the noise they make.
In life, it is important to know when to stop arguing with people and simply let them be wrong.
-
PRH
- Member
- Posts: 1031
- Joined: Sun Jan 09, 2011 9:46 pm
- Dogs: 2 labs and 1 cocker
- Location: Worcestershire
Re: Use of red blanks?
I went somewhere the other week and they had a remote control 3 or 4 dummy launcher, it was great. Nice not to be near it, the bang is unpleasant.