Have a really nicely bred young pup that has let out a couple of barks when excited.
She got no response from me as I 100% will not reward noise, but does this not bode well for the future?
Sounds like a daft question, but this is only my second cocker, and first didn't even bark once until she was at least a year old, and is still in general as quiet as a mouse.
Of course a working spaniel should be quiet, but I also cannot abide noisy dogs!
Puppy barking at 9 weeks - normal?
-
Fullers1845
- Member
- Posts: 12
- Joined: Tue Apr 12, 2022 9:42 am
Re: Puppy barking at 9 weeks - normal?
My springer did exactly the same - I just removed the stimulus or popped her in her crate to calm down when it rarely happened, and it never materialised into anything more. She is silent at 13 months
Re: Puppy barking at 9 weeks - normal?
One of my Cockers barks at any excuse although not when playing, the other is mouse-like. The noisy one is quiet on shoots and the other sings for England. Having said that I would do as Nutter suggested, noisy, excited pups are usually just over tired.
In life, it is important to know when to stop arguing with people and simply let them be wrong.