Computer issues

Chat about anything off-topic
Post Reply
Nickheref
Member
Posts: 1923
Joined: Tue Apr 01, 2014 12:09 pm

Computer issues

Post by Nickheref »

For some reason my computer won't let me post anything anymore. It can do a quote but nothing esle asking me to login when I already appear to be logged in.
munstyman
Member
Posts: 1589
Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2015 3:17 pm

Re: Computer issues

Post by munstyman »

Cleared cache? Refreshed browser? Check security settings, Firewalls/Ad blocker settings. Judy banned you? Offered it treats? :lol: :lol:
All that sounds like I know what I'm talking about :geek: :think: But you need to remember I'm the one that jumped up and down on a printer when it kept telling me alternate ink tanks were empty even when I had put new ones in several times :evil: :evil: ( On a positive the dogs were incredibly well behaved for the rest of the week :lol: )
My patience tolerance goes on a downward trend from dogs to people to technology :whistle:
Nickheref
Member
Posts: 1923
Joined: Tue Apr 01, 2014 12:09 pm

Re: Computer issues

Post by Nickheref »

I threaten any inanimate object that refuses to do what I ask 3 times with being put under the wheel of my pickup!
Judy
Co-Admin
Posts: 16742
Joined: Sun Nov 23, 2008 10:33 pm
Location: Kent

Re: Computer issues

Post by Judy »

You just did? Post that is. Did you mean reply? It's no good asking me, I am a big Luddite when it comes to techy poop.

Unlike dog poop.
In life, it is important to know when to stop arguing with people and simply let them be wrong.
Cornishbird
Member
Posts: 41
Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2022 6:52 pm

Re: Computer issues

Post by Cornishbird »

I had this yesterday when I tried posting a response. Each time I tried I had to keep entering my log in details, then suddenly all was well my post stayed.🤔😩 and it’s the same tonight.
paugun
Just Arrived
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu Oct 08, 2026 12:04 pm

Re: Computer issues

Post by paugun »

Hey Nick, I've had the exact same thing happen on a couple of forums. What usually fixed it for me was clearing the cookies for just this site, then closing the browser completely and logging back in fresh. It seems like the site thinks you're logged in for reading but the session for posting has expired. If you've got the "remember me" box ticked, try unticking it and logging in again.

Sounds like corn's having the same issue though, so it might be on the forum's end and sort itself out.

And maybe hold off on the pickup for now, the computer might be innocent this time 😄
Nickheref
Member
Posts: 1923
Joined: Tue Apr 01, 2014 12:09 pm

Re: Computer issues

Post by Nickheref »

Thanks, I am not very computer savvy, actually almost illiterate on the subject!
Post Reply