Page 13 of 14

Re: Wilfs out

Posted: Tue Jan 26, 2016 7:48 pm
by Rascal
Sorry to read that Mike, what a gutser... :( Hope he's ok...

Still look on the bright side, it'll save you having a nervous breakdown.

Rascal

Re: Wilfs out

Posted: Wed Jan 27, 2016 6:18 pm
by westcountry
Not good news mate,poor little fella. Hope its not too serious. Im sure he will be really upset when you get ready to set off on Saturday morning. You might have to bring Milo.

Re: Wilfs out

Posted: Wed Jan 27, 2016 7:59 pm
by Mike A
More likely to bring deaf old Ned , he can bulldoze cover until he gets knackered :lol: :lol: :lol: then walk at heel until he gets his breath back and do it all over again ! :roll:

Re: Wilfs out

Posted: Mon Feb 01, 2016 7:40 pm
by Mike A
Well that's another season done :34:
The last two days out I've had some good shooting but without Wilf it's really not been as enjoyable .
I took Ned Saturday but he was wild :o he whined on peg and took off when beating , I've done nothing with him all year and he has lost any training I put in . He was put in the truck before lunch !
Wading into the river and picking birds myself is a bugger ;)
Today dog less and really felt it as our last day we work all the hedges plus the drives and Wilf would have been in his element .
Plus side I shot some cracking high birds and eye wiped Pickwick again :42: ( Ian will get that )
So back to training and start catching up :roll:

Hope you've all had a good season
Mike

Re: Wilfs out

Posted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 8:10 pm
by westcountry
You really must stop eye wiping Pickwick as he offered me his gun to shoot the last drive on Saturday and I havent shot for 25 years. He did shoot at a pigeon and told me he had actually shot the oak tree. I asked him how the hell Daniel was supposed to pick that. Glad you had a good days shooting though you ought to have been with us as the seven beaters shooting fired 497 shots for 44 birds. They were all very high birds though. Picking up we had 3 retrieves all day,though the last one was a bit special. See you soon mate and thanks for all your help.

Re: Wilfs out

Posted: Fri Feb 19, 2016 9:47 pm
by Mike A
A cold day on the moor
ImageClick to view full size

Re: Wilfs out

Posted: Tue Feb 23, 2016 11:35 am
by Mike A
I've managed to get the use of some well fenced fields , the grass is short and it's unattractive to game being very open . This to me is a great bonus as all the ground I can currently use holds game in varying degrees which can be a bit of a pain .
I took Wilf on there yesterday with a bag full of dummies , tennis balls and even got the long unused launcher out plus the tennis ball attachment for it .
We did a lot of steadiness and some good retrieves both long and short plus memories , his delivery which has been poor of late improved with a bit of work
We then did some hunting , a tight pattern with me throwing out balls occasionally , all of which went well after he understood we were going back to his original training and not what he'd taught himself over the season or while I've been concentrating on Milo .
An enjoyable bit of training ( then I got Milo out the truck ;) )

Mike

Re: Wilfs out

Posted: Thu Apr 07, 2016 2:12 pm
by Steve wise
westcountry wrote:You really must stop eye wiping Pickwick as he offered me his gun to shoot the last drive on Saturday and I havent shot for 25 years. He did shoot at a pigeon and told me he had actually shot the oak tree. I asked him how the hell Daniel was supposed to pick that. Glad you had a good days shooting though you ought to have been with us as the seven beaters shooting fired 497 shots for 44 birds. They were all very high birds though. Picking up we had 3 retrieves all day,though the last one was a bit special. See you soon mate and thanks for all your help.
Lovely photo Mike :)

Re: Wilfs out

Posted: Thu Apr 07, 2016 2:52 pm
by Mike A
Thanks Steve , although you've probably seen most of them before

Re: Wilfs out

Posted: Tue Dec 03, 2019 7:57 pm
by Mike A
2016 since you've seen the infamous :o