Page 4 of 5
Re: That's all folks !
Posted: Thu Dec 05, 2019 2:30 am
by h&t
Bill, I am sorry to hear the bad news, but I am glad you're home and out of the solitary.
Just so you know, I've been coming to this site for all these years mostly to read your posts (sorry, everyone else).
Hang in there!
Re: That's all folks !
Posted: Sun Dec 08, 2019 12:22 pm
by Canburne
Hi Bill, really sorry to hear you news but delighted you are fighting back with all the spirit and guts that we have got to know so well over the years. I know you were a founding member of the forum and your contribution has been massive - always honest, fair and forthright which is just as it should be. It is the anniversary of my birth and I will be enjoy a hearty glass of malt tonight which I will raise to you. Bruce
Re: That's all folks !
Posted: Sun Dec 15, 2019 12:43 pm
by Ghilliegumdrop
So how are you now Bill I was thinking of coming up there with my nurses hat on but i'm a bit out of date with my training now

Re: That's all folks !
Posted: Sun Dec 15, 2019 4:41 pm
by Judy
Ghilliegumdrop wrote: ↑Sun Dec 15, 2019 12:43 pm
So how are you now Bill I was thinking of coming up there with my nurses hat on but i'm a bit out of date with my training now
Well, that should put the fear of God into the poor chap!
Re: That's all folks !
Posted: Mon Dec 16, 2019 11:43 am
by Ghilliegumdrop
I'll have you know I was a very good nurse. Gone off doing the bed pan bit though

Re: That's all folks !
Posted: Tue Dec 17, 2019 10:53 am
by trekmoor
Hi Jan, I wouldn't put an auld thing like you to the trouble of travelling up here to nurse me but feel free to send 3 twenty year olds up instead .
Two of this forums members will be visiting me this morning for a blether. Thank goodness for that ! I'm bored stiff just sitting around here but my two attempts at "going somewhere" didn't work out well. I tried sitting out in the garden for 20 minutes but barely made it back indoors again …. I'd got so cold.
Yesterday I went out with my wife in the car but we only got about a mile before I had to go home again ….my breathing had gone all to pot.
My son has gone and got himself a rescue dog from the Dogs Trust. She is a 3 years old yellow lab with a lovely nature and very few "obedience" problems. She does however have an ongoing health problem and needs vet care on almost a weekly basis. I have told my son to harden his heart and either insist that the Dogs Trust should pay these vet bills or he should hand her back over to them.
The bitch is fine when she gets what she needs which seems to be quite high dosages of steroids but as soon as the dosage is cut back she starts to drag her bottom along the floor and lick at herself "back there." She also licks compulsively at one of her front paws if the steroid dosage level is cut but when kept on the high dosage she is a perfectly normal, happy sort of bitch.
I hope the vet can sort this problem out ….it seems to have started after she was spayed.
Wullie
Re: That's all folks !
Posted: Tue Dec 17, 2019 11:47 am
by CockerCanuck
Very good to hear from you Wullie! Also glad there is a new dog in your life to keep you occupied. The lab bitch is also very lucky to have landed in a home where she can benefit from your experience and advice. I wonder if she was crated/kenneled a lot at the Dog's Trust? If so I could picture her developing the compulsive licking out of boredom and anxiety. Perhaps in a home with company and lots of distractions the habit can be broken and she can be weaned off the steroids. If she is basically a sensible girl I would think there should be a solution. I am confident you will figure it out.
Re: That's all folks !
Posted: Mon Dec 30, 2019 10:57 pm
by shamykebab
Wullie, so sorry to hear this. Haven't been on here for a few years but you have been an inspiration and advice source to so many of us. Very glad that you're getting out and about a bit now. Keep your spirits up; a yellow lab is always the best medicine

.
Re: That's all folks !
Posted: Tue Dec 31, 2019 5:50 pm
by trekmoor
Hi Shamy.... I'm no deid yet ! I went picking up (one drive only) last Friday and my springer "Edge" got two runners . One of the keepers there saw me at the gamecart and didnae hang aboot. He shouted out , "Ya auld barsteward ! I heard ye were deid !" Then he noticed my worn only three times very expensive leather boots and asked what size I am ….and if he could have my boots when I popped my clogs !
Another picker up requested that I wouldn't die too near to him as he wiznae gonnae carry me aw the way back to the gamecart !!!
If I can I will go for one more drive's worth of picking up this coming Thursday...…I'm still a bit of yeast bubbling up through the pot .....yep, I read " Sea Wolf" when I was a boy.
A guid New Year to yin and aw .....lang may yer lums reek.
Wullie
Re: That's all folks !
Posted: Tue Dec 31, 2019 7:08 pm
by AlandJake
Good to hear you are at least being let out on day release Wullie. I'm sure Edge thought Christmas had come again being out with you on the shoot.
Keep on reekin' and very best wishes to you and yours for 2020.