
Just my personal dislike for people with phones out whilst exercising/training dogs off leash.
My point is whilst recording a training session is a useful tool. The moment you are handling a "phone"

and getting things in focus and capturing the action. Your dog will know the change in where your focus is, and your "training" will suffer. In simple terms you are adding a cue which the dog can react to and set up an "atmosphere" which can go either way. ( Similar to when you get the gun out of the cabinet to go shooting)
The only way it works is if you wear a body/head cam and set it up before you walk out the door, so even you forget that your wearing it.
When I train others I always wear a body cam or hat camera as I can replay footage to the handler especially concerning how they change their commands and how they miss those moments when a dog shows its intent before they actually act , and how that was the moment to use the whistle

The difference is I'm not handling the dog, so there is no "distraction" between dog and handler. The other thing to remember is if you don't know what you are doing wrong, how are you going to recognise it? I've had a few handlers that still couldn't see what I was seeing in their dog. Even after a couple of play throughs and still said it was the dog being bloody minded rather than take responsibility.
The downside of a body cam for your own training is you only see the dog and maybe hear your handling you don't see your body language and dogs take a lot of cues from your body even if you think they are only responding to your commands
Something that helps us with hunting if he starts sniffing/ searching an area or bushes or hedges on his own is me joining in by telling him our cue word and then he starts listening / watching
Now this is something I can get behind.

When you show an interest in hunting, whilst the dog is hunting that is a very strong connection seen by the dog. You just have to be aware that if you do not know what the dog has going through its nostrils, you can be encouraging the dog to hunt something that you may not want ( mice, voles, squirrels etc ). I refer to it as building the team so the dog sees you as a part of the team. Your talking dog.
