Stud options for working bitch

Questions and discussions on breeding your dogs
Post Reply
Northernlights
New Member
Posts: 3
Joined: Wed Jan 12, 2022 6:02 am

Stud options for working bitch

Post by Northernlights »

Morning all, I’m swaying towards using Boots (Rollafields Redbud At Naxshivan) as my stud of choice for my working bitch.

I don’t trial, I only pick up and beat 3 times a week.

Has anyone had the opportunity to see his offspring work in the field? How did they get on? Any stories regarding the dog himself or his offspring would be very much appreciated.
Judy
Co-Admin
Posts: 16742
Joined: Sun Nov 23, 2008 10:33 pm
Location: Kent

Re: Stud options for working bitch

Post by Judy »

He has been used so many times already, can't be good for the breed. The two or three I know of have been a mixed bag, one great, another re-homed.

What is the breeding of your bitch? What do you see in Boots that might improve your line? Have you considered any other lines?
In life, it is important to know when to stop arguing with people and simply let them be wrong.
Northernlights
New Member
Posts: 3
Joined: Wed Jan 12, 2022 6:02 am

Re: Stud options for working bitch

Post by Northernlights »

Hi Judy I’ve sent you a a rather lengthy PM regarding your questions - seems to be stuck in my outbox though!
Judy
Co-Admin
Posts: 16742
Joined: Sun Nov 23, 2008 10:33 pm
Location: Kent

Re: Stud options for working bitch

Post by Judy »

It stays in your outbox until I've opened it then goes to sent.
In life, it is important to know when to stop arguing with people and simply let them be wrong.
Dawnrazor
Member
Posts: 1384
Joined: Tue Jan 11, 2011 6:48 pm

Re: Stud options for working bitch

Post by Dawnrazor »

I've known Boots from when he was about 11 months old, a class dog, I'd use him if I had a Cocker bitch and I don't even like them!
I've seen quite few by him, some better than others, just like every other dog of every breed.
Post Reply