I'm looking at getting or putting together a first aid for the dogs. Where/what would be the best things to have in there. I dont mind it not being a small kit as will be kept in the vehicle and back of kennels.
Thanks
Dog first aid kit
Forum rules
This section is for reference rather than discussion and will be subject to moderation to keep it tidy and concise. If something is not clear feel free to post here to question it. For more general discussion on a point please start a new topic (in the relevant place) in the main forums. [General forum rules]
This section is for reference rather than discussion and will be subject to moderation to keep it tidy and concise. If something is not clear feel free to post here to question it. For more general discussion on a point please start a new topic (in the relevant place) in the main forums. [General forum rules]
Re: Dog first aid kit
I keep a bag with sterile wound dressings, vet wrap, scissors, sterile saline for washing out wounds, sterile-wipes and a wrapped sanitary towel (they are sterile and absorbent and large enough for the bigger jobs!). Plasters and Paracetamol for me.
In life, it is important to know when to stop arguing with people and simply let them be wrong.
-
Tennyson.Horler
- Member
- Posts: 13
- Joined: Wed Aug 06, 2025 3:38 pm
Re: Dog first aid kit
I've been looking into this and found, although I could go and buy everything separately, I found a company that offered good value dog first aid kits. I now have 1 or 2 in each truck, so I can take one picking up and have one in the car. Has everything that Judy mentioned as well as wound powder (clotting powder) as well as Vaseline.