GPS tracker recall
GPS tracker recall
Just a quick one great recall with whistle. Just bought gps tracker collar which can beep if I want. To turn that beep into a recall whistle then beep or beep then whistle ?
Re: GPS tracker recall
Hi, creative recall solution!
The sequence for teaching a new cue is: new cue, then old cue.
So in your case: beep, then whistle!
Keep that up long enough and your dog will start reacting to just the beep.
-Annemarie
The sequence for teaching a new cue is: new cue, then old cue.
So in your case: beep, then whistle!
Keep that up long enough and your dog will start reacting to just the beep.
-Annemarie
Re: GPS tracker recall
Perfect thank you
-
Springfield Pointers
- Member
- Posts: 4588
- Joined: Sat Sep 15, 2012 10:27 am
Re: GPS tracker recall
I've always thought on having a collar with a small speaker on it that would enable voice commands at a distance like "sit", "come here!", and "no!"
Re: GPS tracker recall
No! Definitely not a good idea, I do not want the guns hearing my muttered imprecations when one of my dogs ends up awol down by the gun's pegs! Nor the shoot captain for that matter...Springfield Pointers wrote: ↑Sat Nov 30, 2024 3:06 pm I've always thought on having a collar with a small speaker on it that would enable voice commands at a distance like "sit", "come here!", and "no!"
In life, it is important to know when to stop arguing with people and simply let them be wrong.
-
Springfield Pointers
- Member
- Posts: 4588
- Joined: Sat Sep 15, 2012 10:27 am
Re: GPS tracker recall
LOL. You'd have to press the 'Transmit' button...Judy wrote: ↑Sun Dec 01, 2024 4:42 pmNo! Definitely not a good idea, I do not want the guns hearing my muttered imprecations when one of my dogs ends up awol down by the gun's pegs! Nor the shoot captain for that matter...Springfield Pointers wrote: ↑Sat Nov 30, 2024 3:06 pm I've always thought on having a collar with a small speaker on it that would enable voice commands at a distance like "sit", "come here!", and "no!"
Re: GPS tracker recall
We were part of the 'stop' waiting on a wooded bank. It was so funny when Mia heard the beat leaders' radios crackle she sat up, pricked up her ears and turned to the sounds. I expect she thought I needed helping out.
Re: GPS tracker recall
Otherwise the dog wouldn't hear my "recall", obviously...Springfield Pointers wrote: ↑Mon Dec 02, 2024 7:23 pmLOL. You'd have to press the 'Transmit' button...Judy wrote: ↑Sun Dec 01, 2024 4:42 pmNo! Definitely not a good idea, I do not want the guns hearing my muttered imprecations when one of my dogs ends up awol down by the gun's pegs! Nor the shoot captain for that matter...Springfield Pointers wrote: ↑Sat Nov 30, 2024 3:06 pm I've always thought on having a collar with a small speaker on it that would enable voice commands at a distance like "sit", "come here!", and "no!"
She is also the covid dog, being 6 years old she pretty much missed her first three seasons picking up due to covid and then bird flu. I have to remember that my main dog is relatively inexperienced and cut her some slack. No excuse for ignoring my recall though.
In life, it is important to know when to stop arguing with people and simply let them be wrong.
-
Springfield Pointers
- Member
- Posts: 4588
- Joined: Sat Sep 15, 2012 10:27 am
Re: GPS tracker recall
Still better than a good day at the office, sure.
Re: GPS tracker recall
Sure / not sure...Springfield Pointers wrote: ↑Sun Dec 15, 2024 5:29 pm Still better than a good day at the office, sure.
In life, it is important to know when to stop arguing with people and simply let them be wrong.