Today my beautiful boy and best friend, Kai (Redelm Captain) crossed over Rainbow Bridge.
From the moment I picked him up in Lois’ kitchen he captured my heart and has done so every day since. My first trialling dog, he was too much dog for me, but he had the heart of a lion and gave his all for me.
He slept away peacefully and suddenly this afternoon and my heart is broken in two.
Tonight my dog of a lifetime is sleeping beside my first ever dog Beau, wearing my fleece and with the whistle he so loved to ignore around his neck.
So sorry for your loss. It sounds as if it was unexpected which is probably difficult to come to terms with at the moment but he was obviously a beautiful and much loved boy and you have some wonderful memories. RIP Kai
I am so sorry to read your very sad news. It is heartbreaking to lose a beloved dog and one that you have been so close to and worked together. I have recently lost my beloved dog, so in some small measure I can understand how you must be feeling and feel deeply for you.