Judy Please Tell Us About Your Dogs?

Chat about anything off-topic
CockerCanuck
Member
Posts: 1372
Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2016 10:56 pm
Dogs: Fergal, Hamish, Ceilidh
Location: SW Ontario, Canada

Judy Please Tell Us About Your Dogs?

Post by CockerCanuck »

Yesterday I attended the Memorial Service/Celebration of Life of a very good fiend and shooting companion. We had hunted together for over 30 years and he actually bought two puppies from me, a springer and a lab. He considered me a "dog whisperer" because my dogs were always so well behaved but I realize that reality was mine were good only in comparison to his which were always highly over indulged and spoiled. In any case he was a wonderful warm individual who was a pleasure to spend a day in a duck boat/blind with. I was asked to speak at the memorial and what came to mind was how generous he was with his time and conversation. I would find myself in a small boat with him for a full day many times and realise most of the way through all we talked about was my stories, my family and my dogs. His spirit was so generous he only encouraged me to speak about myself.

It caused me to ponder others with the same generous nature who are not given enough recognition and I thought of Judy. I have taken advantage of this forum to talk endlessly about myself and my dogs. I have this opportunity only because Judy and the other moderators have given me the forum to speak. Right now, in memory of my friend Jamie, I would like to take my turn to listen.

Judy I am aware you have a couple of cockers, all bitches I think? Please tell us/me about them individually and their background and how they came to be part of your life?
I'm suspicious of people who don't like dogs, but I trust a dog when it doesn't like a person. - Bill Murray
Judy
Co-Admin
Posts: 16742
Joined: Sun Nov 23, 2008 10:33 pm
Location: Kent

Re: Judy Please Tell Us About Your Dogs?

Post by Judy »

I can't cope, 52 views and not one rude comment, what is this forum coming to?
In life, it is important to know when to stop arguing with people and simply let them be wrong.
ips
Member
Posts: 5618
Joined: Sat May 30, 2015 7:34 pm
Dogs: Eze "cocker"
Location: UK

Re: Judy Please Tell Us About Your Dogs?

Post by ips »

I am too scared, there i have admitted it 😃
Muddling along in the hope that one day it starts to make sense.
newf
Member
Posts: 2112
Joined: Fri Aug 23, 2013 8:50 pm

Re: Judy Please Tell Us About Your Dogs?

Post by newf »

I for one, had checked back at least 25 times with my popcorn. ;) It has gone stale now. :snooty: :lol:
Dawnrazor
Member
Posts: 1384
Joined: Tue Jan 11, 2011 6:48 pm

Re: Judy Please Tell Us About Your Dogs?

Post by Dawnrazor »

Judy wrote: ↑Wed Oct 24, 2018 5:13 pm I can't cope, 52 views and not one rude comment, what is this forum coming to?
I've been busy, sorry!
trekmoor
Member
Posts: 16074
Joined: Mon Nov 24, 2008 9:38 am
Dogs: Too many and not enough !
Location: Central Scotland

Re: Judy Please Tell Us About Your Dogs?

Post by trekmoor »

They'll all be utter crap. They belong to a mere wummin so it stands to reason dunnit ?

Wullie
If at first you don't succeed .....find out if there is a booby prize !
-----------------------------------------------------
Don't do what doesn't work - do what does.
.
Judy
Co-Admin
Posts: 16742
Joined: Sun Nov 23, 2008 10:33 pm
Location: Kent

Re: Judy Please Tell Us About Your Dogs?

Post by Judy »

Getting better!
At least I can still chase after mine you auld fool, even I can't catch the beggars! :lol:

Not got much to say really, of course I might never have had a dog and be giving all the advice from books... :whistle:

Had Flatcoats which I used to beat and pick up with as well as doing a bit of Club level obedience with the first one. We did Working Tests but bottled Trials as I, rather naively, thought the dog had to be near perfect. Lost my first Cocker this summer at just over 12 yrs old, she was possibly the best dog I'll ever have. :cry: Now have a pup who is distantly related to her and looks to be out of the same mould, Gawd help us! :lol: So, back up to four of the little darlings again. Much easier to train than the Flatcoats were, or, perhaps, my training skills were honed on the big ones and experience has worked its magic. :idea:
In life, it is important to know when to stop arguing with people and simply let them be wrong.
ips
Member
Posts: 5618
Joined: Sat May 30, 2015 7:34 pm
Dogs: Eze "cocker"
Location: UK

Re: Judy Please Tell Us About Your Dogs?

Post by ips »

👍
Muddling along in the hope that one day it starts to make sense.
CockerCanuck
Member
Posts: 1372
Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2016 10:56 pm
Dogs: Fergal, Hamish, Ceilidh
Location: SW Ontario, Canada

Re: Judy Please Tell Us About Your Dogs?

Post by CockerCanuck »

Don’t see many Flatcoats here but I have been down at my cabin at the marsh all this last week hunting and a fellow down the road has two. I met him at the boat launch one morning and asked him about them. He was surprised I knew what they were. He said he rarely runs into anyone who recognizes them. He was quite high on them and they appeared to be well behaved and under control. At least they and my Chesapeake offered a little contrast to the constant stream of Labradors coming and going in boats.
I'm suspicious of people who don't like dogs, but I trust a dog when it doesn't like a person. - Bill Murray
Mike A
Member
Posts: 635
Joined: Thu Feb 06, 2014 2:27 pm
Dogs: Ned , Wilf and Milo
Location: North Devon

Re: Judy Please Tell Us About Your Dogs?

Post by Mike A »

Well is that all you have to say about your dogs Judy ? I'm sure I've heard some other stories ! :think: :-D
Post Reply