No wheels on my wagon.
-
nanalander
- Member
- Posts: 45
- Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 12:04 pm
Re: No wheels on my wagon.
Thank you for your post Wullie, even though we don't want to hear it, it is the truth of the situation and you wrote it yourself.
I can honestly say you have been a huge inspiration to me with your no nonsense posts and humour. I wish I could have met you when you did hpr classes, but it wasn't going to happen, so I tried to follow you across the Internet, abit like a stalker I'm sorry to say. Sometimes you put a photo up of one or other dogs you were training, which was such a treat.
By the sound of it you have a a wonderful dog filled, hunting and fishing life. Your attitude and zest for life will live on through your children and grandchildren.
I can honestly say you have been a huge inspiration to me with your no nonsense posts and humour. I wish I could have met you when you did hpr classes, but it wasn't going to happen, so I tried to follow you across the Internet, abit like a stalker I'm sorry to say. Sometimes you put a photo up of one or other dogs you were training, which was such a treat.
By the sound of it you have a a wonderful dog filled, hunting and fishing life. Your attitude and zest for life will live on through your children and grandchildren.
-
Bob55
- Member
- Posts: 46
- Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2013 5:04 pm
- Dogs: Badger Brodie holly Alfie Finn Annie
- Location: Up north
Re: No wheels on my wagon.
Hi Wully sorry to read this I’ll miss you .
Terry
Terry
Re: No wheels on my wagon.
If anyone has an address for Wullie, PM me as I would really like to send him something from Talisker - and as am walking distance from the distillery, there is a real special I would like like to send him - please help.
Cheers,
Sgurr
Cheers,
Sgurr
Re: No wheels on my wagon.
A life well lived Bill, I hope you remain comfortable and have the company of your loving family in the time you have left.
Always enjoyed your writing and your attitude to dogs, people and life in general. You’ll be missed.
Always enjoyed your writing and your attitude to dogs, people and life in general. You’ll be missed.
ATB
WGD
WGD
Re: No wheels on my wagon.
Pleasure to have met you Bill and enjoyed your many stories especially Charlie's may the time you have left be spent with those who mean the most to you you will be missed my friend
Re: No wheels on my wagon.
Just seen this.
Bloody hell Bill, that's shit news, you've has guid innin's mind, you'll have seen the best of the shooting/trialing world and things are only going to get worse.
You'll have enjoyed life I'm sure, I think it's about 38 years ago that we first crosses paths, we'll cross them again in time I'm sure.
All the very best to your family at this difficult time.
Bloody hell Bill, that's shit news, you've has guid innin's mind, you'll have seen the best of the shooting/trialing world and things are only going to get worse.
You'll have enjoyed life I'm sure, I think it's about 38 years ago that we first crosses paths, we'll cross them again in time I'm sure.
All the very best to your family at this difficult time.
Re: No wheels on my wagon.
Many thanks to WGD for the address - delivery Wednesday 5th.
-
trekmoor
- Member
- Posts: 16074
- Joined: Mon Nov 24, 2008 9:38 am
- Dogs: Too many and not enough !
- Location: Central Scotland
Re: No wheels on my wagon.
Thankyou for all of your posts. Sgurr has sent me a lovely bottle of top grade whisky. I can't drink it just now but I will arrange for a dram to be poured over my ashes and the rest can get guzzled by my family.
I'm still afloat on a sea of drugs but probably not for much longer. Typing is very difficult for me ...I keep making mistakes due to the drugs ...... I never knew so many kinds of pain killers existed !
I got yet another row from the nurses who visited me at home this morning, I haven't been taking enough ad lib painkillers to suit them. I suppose they are right , there is no sense in trying to be "a hero" for someone in my position.
I got my own back though. I let them look through my big arty-farty drawings folder. they made appreciative noises as they went through the big colour folder ....but I hadn't forewarned them that about one in ten of the paintings was a very explicit female nude.
It was funny watching them trying not to look shocked !
Wullie
I'm still afloat on a sea of drugs but probably not for much longer. Typing is very difficult for me ...I keep making mistakes due to the drugs ...... I never knew so many kinds of pain killers existed !
I got yet another row from the nurses who visited me at home this morning, I haven't been taking enough ad lib painkillers to suit them. I suppose they are right , there is no sense in trying to be "a hero" for someone in my position.
I got my own back though. I let them look through my big arty-farty drawings folder. they made appreciative noises as they went through the big colour folder ....but I hadn't forewarned them that about one in ten of the paintings was a very explicit female nude.
It was funny watching them trying not to look shocked !
Wullie
If at first you don't succeed .....find out if there is a booby prize !
-----------------------------------------------------
Don't do what doesn't work - do what does.
.
-----------------------------------------------------
Don't do what doesn't work - do what does.
.
Re: No wheels on my wagon.
Thanks for letting me know it arrived safely - at least you know there will be a decent dram at your wake!
Sgurr
Sgurr
Re: No wheels on my wagon.
I made an error there... I should have just sent Sgurr my address and palmed it off as Trekmoor's 
ATB
WGD
WGD