The spaying chat got me thinking about prevailing wisdom/dog advice on the internet that goes against the grain of what most people here practice or know. There must be loads!
I'll start:
So many pet owners want a 'poo because they don't shed... but the amazing thing about dogs that shed is they are self cleaning the number of times my muddy springer had jumped into the car crate, only to emerge at the other end magically mud free!
What else (lighthearted) are people barking up the wrong tree about?
Get a whistle cos dogs come back to a whistle. I was walking with my pup off lead and someone had her Cocker pup still on lead, apparently they were going to let him off when her Husband had bought a whistle.
In life, it is important to know when to stop arguing with people and simply let them be wrong.
So many pet owners want a 'poo because they don't shed...
We had a 'poo owner staying the other week, I nearly choked when they told me the dog was going for a wash and trim the following week, £60-£80 a throw and done at least every 2 months. They wouldn't believe me when I told them mine had never had a bath in their lives and only get a bit of a trim from me when they get so many seeds in their ears there isn't any other option! They couldn't get over the shiny summer coats weren't the result of washing!